• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Meet ideas

my gf lives pretty much smack in th emiddle of that circle. her town is beautifal and lots and lots of places to have a photoshoot and plenty of people and places to see. theres a school parking lot we could meet in and then drive up the road to a few lots near the river and shoot come pix. trenton is about 30 min from there, philly is 30-45 depending.
and usually theres some nice expensive cars drivin around..ive seen a 67 gt500 a few times now and several ferraris. if this is something you guys are interested in lemme know
heres some pix i took in new hope PA
DSC_0108-1.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSCN0009.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

Well, if Shaggy and TGO want to come and make an appearance, it's about 1.5 hours to Philly for them.

It's 2.5 hours for me, but I'm sure I can work something out with Christine since I hate driving more than 3 hours in a day.

I recognize those bridges Jon. :)

Glenn can't drive to New Hope because:

9: Enter next roundabout and take 1st exit onto US-202 S / NJ-31 S. 1.8 miles
10: US-202 S / NJ-31 S becomes US-202 S (Portions toll) (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA). 9.9 miles
11: Merge onto PA-32 S toward NEW HOPE.

He hates those things. :laugh: And, it's past his time limit of 3 hours. :shrug: :laugh:

The New Hope area is OK for me, it's about an hour away. What say the rest of you?

Don't worry Shawn, we are going to plan another meet so you and some of the others can come.

Last edited:
I like the picture settings and might make an appearance, but not sure of the distance...

Last edited:
Haha we don't have to have the meet in the circle, I just got bored last night! :laugh:

that and I was avoiding doing Linear, stats, and phys 4 homework :nonono:

3 hours is too much for me too, but hopefully the next meet, I'm just putting lots of miles on my car this semester as it is, a minimum of 240 a week, just to go to school, not counting the miles to work and if I wanna go out. My car is gonna hit 120K before I know it.

^ We'll work on another one Dan, no worries. :)

Haha we don't have to have the meet in the circle, I just got bored last night! :laugh:

that and I was avoiding doing Linear, stats, and phys 4 homework :nonono:

I wanna meet in the circle. :D Seriously, I don't care where the meet is as long as it's about an hour from me. That should help the Jersey guys and hopefully a few NY'ers.

I'd want to avoid that homework too.

Paul, New Hope is about 2 hours and 20 mins. from you.

Last edited:
i'd be down for drivin 2 hrs. I got two buddies up at Temple I could stay the night with :laugh:

after you've driven across country... 13-15 hours without stopping (except for gas and coffee), 2 hours is NOTHING, haha

yeah, i forget how long it took him to get up there. iirc, it was a lot longer than 3 hours. and christine, you better schedule another meet!!! i havent seen any ne-ceg'ers in a loooooooooong time. just been hanging out with people from The EGL :laugh:

lol there's no way he made it to northern NY recently to meet with billdo ( i think? ) in less than 3 hours!!!

That was different. It's two people who I'll probably rarely ever see again...and Shawn game me a sweet deal on some front E1 calipers.:laugh:

It was worth that trip because not only did I meet him...I got to laugh while he made fun of one of his relatives, and I proved I'm worse than him and Billdo will ever be.

New Hope is definitely a great area for pics,...especially in the late summer/early fall. My fiance is originally from that area and could help guide us. Lots of bridges, parks, views of the river, etc. The next couple weeks will be very busy for me since we make settlement on the new house next Friday.

Anyone wanna help paint?? LOL JK! (We bought about 20 gallons of paint at home depot yesterday. Ughh!)

Excellent! Between Jon (redneckboarder) and your fiance we should find a great location to meet.

Hmm, CEG paint party? :) 20 gallons! :shocked: That's a lot of paint.

I got to laugh while he made fun of one of his relatives, and I proved I'm worse than him and Billdo will ever be.

dont bring up the thing about my one cousin... its way too embarrassing. lol

"and listen to all the ribs crack" (you had to be there. or let glenn tell you what that means, cause theres no way im gonna explain)

Any word on where and when this meet is going to go down? I'd like to meet other CEG members from this side of the state since I didn't make it out to All Ford Nats.

Yeah, we need to get the ball rolling on this. If weekends are everyones sure-fire bet, then a Saturday or Sunday it is. Also, ilive4sports isn't available this month, so I think October would be a much better solution.

How does the first weekend in October sound to everyone? We'll worry about picking out a place to meet up after we get a date set in stone. I figure with knowing when it is a month ahead of time will ensure people don't go and make plans for that weekend and then flake out on us.

I know Christine said she "wants" to meet in the circled area on Scott's (Zero hour) map, but I think we should try to cater to people from a good distance away without having to have two separate meets on different occasions. This way we can have a much larger turn out.

Remember! This is also going to be a vehicle group shot for the calendar! So, make sure your cars are clean from top to bottom! We'll have a group shot with the Contours/Mystiques, and then for our own memories we'll have a group shot even with the members who don't own Contours/Mystiques anymore.

Back