• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Maybe there's an excuse to plan a NW meet...?

PDXSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Aussie is working so much, his employer wants to promote him and clone him yet he talks like he'll some day retire.
mondeoman must have the imprint of a phone embossed on his ear, he's a busy guy too.
Shotwell is on a world tour, one stop at a time (sorry about the new car, man) so he's busy and a moving target.
Shortyman has family, house and work going on all the time.
Groovenerd might be adding an antenna. Woogie might be dealing with a CEL (hey, it's a contour!). People have moved, bought other cars, added kids, added new drivers, changed jobs, changed lives.

Yep. There's always too much going on to have a meet.

Then some Contour related event happens and it kinda calls for some acknowledgement.
If you're reading this, you're here because of people, knowledge and cars.
Being busy with good stuff going on is a positive. Appreciate it. But also appreciate people who contribute.
A pair of our local guys who already contribute recently volunteered for additional duty on "that other site."
They don't toot their own horns. (Due to a bad wire harness? And check your fuses.)
Rumor has it they sometimes can be forced fed beer and pizza, but ya gotta rope 'em first.
Any thoughts on how we lure those guys into a trap, like we tell them it's a meet?

Not adding any antennas yet, but I may have had something new follow me home... :ponder:

IMG_0161crop.jpg

:D

I haven't met any of you in person (except Contour_r_us who I bought my car from) But I would totally be up for some sort of "meet." It would be cool to check out everyone's cars and chat about what we recently fixed or modded...

Count me in if you are thinking about a meet in the NW some time!

Thanks, all! :) I've since taken the decals off, but still need to remove a bit of residue. Some of them were cracking a bit, and I kinda like the plain look better. It was actually a totaled car that I picked up from an insurance auction. It was hit in the rear, but fortunately it doesn't look too bad. I was surprised how the bumper had restored itself to the original shape as well as it did. There is a bit of damage to the spare tire well and to the body, but at least it is drivable while I look for parts.

IMG_0157cropmod.jpg

Last edited:
OK, who wants to suggest a location? We have a handful of regulars who reliably show up around Portland. Anyone want to suggest a home or garage or are we are the pizza place at Jantzen Beach again? What date or dates? I'm thirsty. Let's get this done before some contour site owners are petitioned to issue sanctions after footdraggers. I"ll want more info on Groove's purchase too, best provided over the 2nd beer while the pizza order is pending. And as mentioned on the other site, I am volunteering to purchase the first pitchers or a case to get this jumpstarted.

I'm ok with a meet next sat 2/1/14 at BJ's Jantzen Beach.... What time works for you all? I suggest 2pm for no particular reason at all.....

AF

Countours r us/mondeoman commented on his site (absolute power corrupts absolutely?) maybe he'd prefer the following Saturday, but time and location sound good. Hey no CD4ME repair tech jumping out of a cake for you, and you miss Puxtatawney Phil bya few days... Is he why you shoot ground dwelling varmints?

I will be with my NAVY son, up at Whidbey Isl all next weekend. Obviously I can't make this date - besides it's my BIG 60 birthday and am spending it with my family and my swabbies family; he departs for 4 plus months starting late Feb. He has thr cutuest 2 month old daughter - Violet. Anyother Saturday/Sunday will work for me.

That sounds like a good enough reason to me to say how about we agree on Saturday 2/8/14. Can we have a confirm from AF...? And contours r us, you have a DB this weekend coming up? If you were gonna be a slightly different age, I'd accuse you and AF of being twins seprated at birth.

I'm down for 2/8/2014 at 2pm. Yes, I have a HUGE B'day this Saturday ;-( Well, maybe not HUGE, but a "biggie". You guys and gals will help me get over with it?

I'd be up for joining and getting to meet a few CEGrs... I'm free at that time as of now. Are these things open to anyone around with a 'tour to join?

Back