• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Maybe my last two questions? Nah.

L00fah

CEG'er
Alright, I just spent a good hour or so scanning through all of the search options, and I can't find it, but I think I know the answer... However, I have TWO questions, GASP!
L00fah asking a question? What else is new.

1. I'm assuming yes, but is the pre98 trunk lid a direct fit to the post98? I'm considering doing a swap, I've all of a sudden fallen in love with the look.
2. How easy is it to install, or what kind of work should I expect?

Sorry if I missed some vital tutorial. I just wanna make sure of all of this before I go out and buy a trunk lid, come to find it doesn't fit.

Yes, the pre98 and post98 trunks are the same. The only difference is the tail lights from pre98 have a different pattern than the post98 and vice versa. As for installation, I cant say the difficulty, but it is only a few bolts.

Yeah I can see the physical difference. :p
But thank you! That means all I have to do now is find me a pre98 trunklid. I shall start at my junk yard.

Colors were not the same for all cars. Obviously black should match but there is no Silver Frost pre-98 option out there for example. Just fyi since having to get the lid painted might be an issue for some.

Are the reds the same, that you know of?
I'm getting my car painted in the future anyhow, but I'd like to match until then. Haha

Also, depending on the year of your car (don't know since there is no sig), you may need different bulb sockets as well.

Also, depending on the year of your car (don't know since there is no sig), you may need different bulb sockets as well.

so we know the socket on the wiring harness is different, but is the base going into the light different also? I don't recall if anyone has checked that one out or not.

So wait... hold on...
Match the tail lights? Like the ones currently on my tour? I have to get the pre98? Or do I need to realign them or osmething?
I have a '98. It is in my sig. Or at least it should be.
And what's all this about the bulb sockets?

Ooooh. Alrighty. Easy enough. Does that require any modding outside of the socket, or is it a direct fit?
splicing wires isn't what I would call modding. haha

Back