• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Maybe it's just my time...

98SVT_LEO

New CEG'er
To sell my baby. She has never given me one problem in the 6 years I have owned her. Now almost 120k miles....and I've only had to replace my 02 sensors and batteries....clutch, tranny still fine-which is a shocker! But now being a family man and owning a sweet 99 Honda VFR 800 bike...the svt is like the oddball. So I am debating on selling my svt.....Ray I know I will hear from you on this one. Any ideas as far as pricing? I see some people think they can still sell a 98 Ford for $10k which makes me laugh. She is in excellent condition. Could use a some new headlights (hazed and such). Has many mods...in fact I can't think of anymore mods (other than suspension work) that my car could use. Any thoughts?

-Jon, Jax, FL

The fact that it's been trouble free till 120k miles is impressive, the clutch was long overdue to be replaced at that point, and i'm surprised u didnt have to replace the o2 sensors earlier. And it's not all together bad as a family car, other than the exhaust being a bit loud at times. But i know the feeling, time to move on in life. New play toys deserve attention too. Good luck!

Robert

man if only i could take that baby off your hands. always admired the quality work went into it.

pix mod list???

im at 140xxx and pullin as strong with no problems like it was at 107,xxx

my dads at 242,xxx and his is keepin up with mine and no big mishaps

Yeah I dunno the wifey is putting pressure on me about selling it. I hate to sell my baby b/c she has been problem free. My clutch is still going strong...I thought I would need to replace it long before now. Hmm mods: Pro Flow MAF with alum pipe w/ K&N, Mustang TB 75mm? can't remember, MSDS headers, cat-free, Borla exhaust, B&M shifter, poly-urethene suspension inserts all around, Motorsport plug wires, custom tuned motor. I'm still in debate....I'd hate to give her away for $5......it's worth more for me to keep it....and when the motor blows, build something obnoxious that will be smokin! Then again I'm the family guy now.......sheesh

Anyone ever meet up in Jax anymore?

Jax is fairly inactive. There are two of us in Ocala, and a few in GA that would probably be the closest "active" members.

Yeah never enough interest for local meets anymore. I tried meeting people in macon once and they didn't show up, so pretty much done with trying to do that unless someone wants to come here.

If it helps you feel better about selling (if you indeed end up having to), you can always ask more, I guess like $6k. I'd put my foot down though, I wouldn't sell my car cuz some chick wants me to.... unless she's just really hot and is a great cook.

WTF would we do in Valdosta? Though I suppose its close enough for lunch.

Im still waiting on parts for the SVT. Maybe Ill get it back together in the next week-week.5. I dunno:shrug: After that, Im pretty much game on any weekend with enough advance warning.

I suppose the answer to that would depend on where we want to meet.

2 hours driving would get me to Valdosta or Jax, so we could work with that. You are within 2 hours of those, arent you?

1.5 hours to valdosta
3 hours to jacksonville

I'd be up for either valdosta or tallahassee. Any more driving than that is too much for me right now with so many other trips and stuff I have planned.

Last edited:
I'm a family guy, w/ a wife & 3 kids, I actually purchased this car b/c it was a fast 4 door. My kids are growing but there is still enough room for all of us to take somewhat short trips in it. BTW Ross I did show up in macon but since I had a 3 hr drive back home I left just before dark! John actually posted some pics in a thread here (of mine & his car) So please stop saying that no one showed b/c I did. Anytime you want to arrange something just post up the GA guys know that a 3 to 4 hour drive is nothing for me as long as the cash & the job permits I'll be there. I've also met w/ moose & SSwolfe & I have gotten together several times.
Back to the point I'd say keep the car w/ that mod list you're going to have to accept the fact that you're not going to get out of it anywhere near what you put into it. It could take me years to get over it.

BTW Ross I did show up in macon but since I had a 3 hr drive back home I left just before dark! John actually posted some pics in a thread here (of mine & his car) So please stop saying that no one showed b/c I did.
You and John already had that planned and ya'll met. No contours other than myself showed up that night as they said they would. I don't care, but I just put little faith in any small georgia get together now.

Valdosta is almost an hour less driving for me over Tallahassee.

Not sure if I would drag or not, but I could be down for finding a place to grab lunch or dinner.

Maybe we can try to go to the Ford show again in Ocala this winter. If Im still around, I will be in it.

Back