• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Mankato, MN

G Stone

CEG'er
Howdy fellow North Central people. My fiance and I are going to be making a trip from Brainerd, MN to Mankato to check out the town. She is thinking about going to the college and we want to check out the town before we commit to any place obviously. Just wondering if anyone lives in the town, has been in the town, or knows anything about the town. I will be looking for an Accounting job as I will be receiving my 4 year degree in December so any information about various jobs would be good as well. We are heading down this coming Monday. Should be about a 5 hour drive from here. Should be fun!! Thanks in advance.

Howdy fellow North Central people. My fiance and I are going to be making a trip from Brainerd, MN to Mankato to check out the town. She is thinking about going to the college and we want to check out the town before we commit to any place obviously. Just wondering if anyone lives in the town, has been in the town, or knows anything about the town. I will be looking for an Accounting job as I will be receiving my 4 year degree in December so any information about various jobs would be good as well. We are heading down this coming Monday. Should be about a 5 hour drive from here. Should be fun!! Thanks in advance.

Went there for too many years. :laugh: One place to look at is Carlson Craft for work. I loved it there. I was doing some graphic design stuff on the computers. Nice new field house and stadium thing. Not a whole lot to do besides shop and go to the bars (and it sucked when you don't have money and don't drink :crazy: ) I would suggest looking at apartment in North Mankato if you don't mind a little bit of a drive (I would say around 5ish miles to Campus from there)....much nicer but a little more expensive. Or you can even look for places in Madison Lake. I lived there for a year. That is about 10 miles out but a very nice small quite place.

Well...if they accept me this year I should be moving down there as well to start flying. All I have to do is pay off my last semester at DCTC and I can finally get my transcripts out...

The southern part of the state is beautifull. Ive been visiting Mankato for about 20yrs for shopping, Vikes camp and lots of youth sporting events with the kids. Also its not out of reach to the southwestern suburbs of Minneapolis/St.Paul if you feel like commuting to work for a considerably higher income...:laugh:

Great feedback! Sounds like some positive reviews of the town so far. Can't wait to check it out myself. I guess my main concern is finding a nice apartment and place to work in my field. I don't have a lot of experience so I am hoping for the best and that I don't have to get another warehouse job. haha.

Great feedback! Sounds like some positive reviews of the town so far. Can't wait to check it out myself. I guess my main concern is finding a nice apartment and place to work in my field. I don't have a lot of experience so I am hoping for the best and that I don't have to get another warehouse job. haha.

Trust me, most places down there don't care about experience. They just want a body to fill the position since they get such high turn over.

Do not live in the apartments by the campus. there is so much crap that goes on there it will drive you crazy. The new ones near the parking lots aren't bad but I don't know about price on those. I would look for a nice garage apartment or something. That way you don't have to worry about neighbors etc.

Great Town, I know cause I live here, Man I need to come on to the regional more offen

As for Apt, IF you do come here start looking now, The decent places fill quickly and most deffentally try to stay a way from the imediate collage area, to much partying.

heres a site(http://www.ottoh.com/) with some rentals, some of the places look a little scary but its a start. Cherry ridge is an apt. complex that is resonably close to the collage but still not to close. Also don't be scared to look in to north kato.

The collage is great (about to get my bs in computer info science and a minor in Automotive engineering tech.)

If you need any help pm me and I'll get yah my number. :)

Back