• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Make A Wish Foundation

bensenvill

Hard-core CEG'er
OK guys, I officially need help.

My car has been sitting in "various stages of disrepair" (according to all those letters from the home owner association) for near on 2 years now.

My car's 10th birthday is coming up shortly, and I'm looking for nothing more in life than to be able to have her up and running by then; exactly as she SHOULD have rolled off the assembly like.

All I have left to do is swap the sub frame and tranny.

I'm really hesitant to attempt to pull the engine without a few extra sets of hands (and the supervision of someone who knows what they are doing). With the exception of separating the fuel lines and pulling the half-shafts, everything is ready to be pulled.

Anyone willing to lend me a hand?

Which car are they talking about? The cougar or the tour. I thought the cougar was inside, if so why do they care since it's not openly visible to the public?

Last edited:
Dacker, this is for the cougar. The car needs to be drivable for a number of reasons, one of which is pressure from the HOAs (and yes, I have received many letters and they have even enacted new rules that technically prohibit my car work even in my garage, but thats a whole nother subject). But mainly I want to see/use the car one last time as it should've/could've came from the factory, before I take permanently take the car in a whole nother direction.

I took a couple pics to give you guys an idea where I'm at.

And heres what I'm working with, obviously I'm kinda at the limits of what can be done with this garage space. so whatever people are willing to help me with, the only catch is that at the end of the day, everything needs to fit back in the garage

Also I was wondering if anyone had an engine stand I could possible borrow for a few weeks (for when the time comes).

hmmm, no photos for the moment... man you guys have a low file size limit. I dont have time at the moment to re-edit them.

oh ya almost forgot the most important part of the swap. I need help finishing up the beer wall as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
Dacker, this is for the cougar. The car needs to be drivable for a number of reasons, one of which is pressure from the HOAs (and yes, I have received many letters and they have even enacted new rules that technically prohibit my car work even in my garage, but thats a whole nother subject). But mainly I want to see/use the car one last time as it should've/could've came from the factory, before I take permanently take the car in a whole nother direction.

That SUCKS!!! I completely understand wanting to get it back on the road though.

Back