• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Major problem with x3

Slow_Aero

New CEG'er
Ok, I purchased a x3 used, it was is married to another vehicle, I pluged it into my svt, and for some stupid reason I accidentally hit safe tune, it started to do it's thing then said incorrect vehicle, after that it said no tune changes written. But the svt runs like crap now and has thrown all kinds of codes, o2 sensors, tsp, iat, vss, intake manifold control stuck closed, incorrect gear 1 ratio. And there's a few more I didnt list, the programmer was used on a mustang gt.

Hopefully some one can give me some advice, I'm out of town with my wife and baby girl, I feel like an idiot.

Is there anywhere to find a tune for a contour? I talked to the guy I got the programmer from, he said we could unlock it. I'm just needing anything, so that I can get it running, it won't run over 3500rpm. What I'm thinking is some how I screwed up the base tune on the computer, and then somehow I overwrote it with something from the programmer, I'm not sure if that's a possibility or not but that's what I'm thinking.

Yes I have, it says in correct vehicle, it's really confusing me. I have a 2 hour drive today back home.

Mail the ECU to SCT and tell them to flash it for you. Cost me $60 when I had an issue with my ECU and my Xcal 2. A dealer can do it as well but will probably charge more.

Even if you had an unlocked the Xcal 3 it won't lock to your ECU now because the stock tune isn't in there any more so the above to options are you only choice.

I'm not sure why the tuner even allowed you to do anything to your vehicle when it was locked to another. It sounds like it has an issue.

Back