• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Main window switch

adamgx03

New CEG'er
Has anyone replaced the main window switch on your car? I tried taking the cover off around the door handle and couldnt get it off. took the screw out and i felt like i was going to break something. its being held on by something around the power lock switch. How do you go about replacing the power window switch though, or at least getting it out? my front passenger window only wants to go up or down when it feels like it.

If you took out the screw, the only other thing that's holding the cover in place is the door handle. Pull and hold the door handle as if you're opening the door while at the same time, remove the cover. After the cover is removed, the switches will come right out without any effort. I recommend replacing the front passenger window switch first. If this doesn't fix the problem, then replace the main switch. Remember that there are multi-plugs that must be disconnected from the switches in order to remove them.

Back