• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Magnaflow Res/Cat Install (B4 & After VIDS)

Savior

CEG'er
Sweet! I got my MagnaFlow Resonator and Hi-Flow cat installed today! I've been waiting sooo long to do this. I've literally had the cat sitting in rooms in various houses for like 4 years now, waiting for a resonator and for other, more pressing functional things to get fixed. It's probably the last major mod I will do for a bit, besides sprucing up my engine bay and interior, etc. I have a new transmission in my garage and a set of MSDS headers in the mail, and I am going to order a Torsen T2 differential before these things go in so they can all go in together ina couple months. Then on to the Nautilus Turbo.

Anyways though.

I was responsible, and made high-quality Before and After vids, for the sake of very meticulously outlining the great sound differences that a simple mod can make, for the sake of reference, and for anyone considering this relatively simple and fairly cheap mod.

Definitely a deeper, smoother, and less raspy drone than a stock res and cat filled with 110,000 miles worth of residue.

Now see here:

Before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2U5xVU1Mgs

After:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E9VIiP8yFU

I think that before video sounds great personally. It doesnt sound like my stock car.

..Really? I guess it didn't sound bad, it was raspier and a little more aggressive and less bassy and droney. It really didn't sound bad; I only had two qualms with it:

1. Because of its tone or volume or something, when I would rev the engine, you could hear more "engine whine" than you could exhaust sound. You can hear this in the vid.

2. It was quiet; Everyone I would show it to would say something to the effect of "Damn man, your engine's a beast but it totally eclipses your exhaust sound." I think it was a little too silenced.

So... Do normal stock SVT exhausts sound like this? Does it sound like the previous owner might have had the res deleted before I bought it..? He didn't say anything about doing that, but I never really looked for it... And he was a CEG member so he would have known about the res delete mod... 0.o Maybe I never HAD a res in the first place, lol!

Its just seems to growl a little more than my car does. Of course I'm not as close to the tips when I start it up like you were.

That sounds really good. I cant wait to get mine on the road.. By Spring maybe.

I've always liked Magnaflow, every car I own aside frm the SVT has a magnaflow on it.

Back