• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Magnaflow Or Chery Bomb?

silver rocket

Hard-core CEG'er
So i am looking into getting my stock resonator removed, i have a Magnaflow resonator that i had on my old SE. But with my SE (2.5L 5sp) with a Borla pro XS muffler, it had a nice growl under 2K RPM but mostly sounded like a stock SVT.
With my SVT, i have a 3L RaceBits Y pipe and decat pipe, stock manifolds/ catback and it sounds like a stock SVT.
I was just wondering which resonator would sound better? I ran into someone with a SVT completely stock other than a cherry bomb resonator, and it sounded amazing.

Anyone have a cherry bomb on their SVT?

yeah, i used a cherry bomb glasspack on my SVT to get rid of the rasp that came from gutting the manifolds and optimizing the y-pipe (not sure which one it was as i did them both at the same time). so the exhaust was gutted manifolds, optimized y-pipe, stock main cat, 2.5" piping, cherry bomb, split to a pair of Aero Turbine 2540i mufflers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hs3PpEVcrc

dont mind the smoke, thats from having just washed the car and getting water in the pipes.

That sounds awesome! How much of that do you think is the Aero mufflers? I think I'm sold on a cherry bomb though:laugh:

I had a cherry bomb on my mystique it made a ticking sound like someone was tapping on it or something it was very annoying,id get magnaflow

I had a cherry bomb on my mystique it made a ticking sound like someone was tapping on it or something it was very annoying,id get magnaflow

same thing is happening w/ my magnaflow. thats what exhaust leaks sound like, and which i am too lazy to fix

Back