• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Magnaflow 13255

SVTMiG

CEG'er
Installed one in stock res location the other day (in place of delete pipe). This is a "muffler" with a 3 chamber design. Case is 4x9x18, w/offset inlet, center outlet, 2.25 I/O. Fit, as expected was a hair tight and I'll have to do a bit of tweaking later. I put a slight angle along the long axis to avoid rubbing the heat shield. Probably hangs 2" or so below the floorpan. I was in no mood to deal with a camera.

I love the sound. I figured this was the way to go to relieve the interior resonance. Sound is definitely quieter but still has a nice gurgle to it at idle. I still have a bit of resonance at high load at or below 2100rpm +/-, but that's not to hard to avoid. Come nicer weather I'll try to catch some sound clips to add to the collection. I can't imagine demand would be high, but for now if anybody really wants to hear it I'll catch a clip in the shop.

Installed one in stock res location the other day (in place of delete pipe). This is a "muffler" with a 3 chamber design. Case is 4x9x18, w/offset inlet, center outlet, 2.25 I/O. Fit, as expected was a hair tight and I'll have to do a bit of tweaking later. I put a slight angle along the long axis to avoid rubbing the heat shield. Probably hangs 2" or so below the floorpan. I was in no mood to deal with a camera.

I love the sound. I figured this was the way to go to relieve the interior resonance. Sound is definitely quieter but still has a nice gurgle to it at idle. I still have a bit of resonance at high load at or below 2100rpm +/-, but that's not to hard to avoid. Come nicer weather I'll try to catch some sound clips to add to the collection. I can't imagine demand would be high, but for now if anybody really wants to hear it I'll catch a clip in the shop.
I'd like to hear it:shrug:. Not a bad idea.

I also did the muffler to replace the resonator and like it.
I was also close to the heat sheild and just removed it, no problems so far.
-J

Sound Clip...not yet

Sound Clip...not yet

Well I promised a sound clip this weekend, so just an update. It'll be another day or two. I can't get the car inside right now due to 1-1/2 ft drifts in front of my shop, extreme gusts of wind, and single digit temps. As soon as the wind calms down tonight I can get cleaned up again and get in there.

To the few requesting to hear this, I apologize for delays. I took a sample in my shop only to find out later the sound was crap. Between bad weather and one thing dying after the other, it just got put off. But I managed to grab a clip today. Hadn't been run in a week anyway, so I let it run for 15 minutes today. I'll wait till warm weather (and when the thing is back on the road) to get a good road clip to hear it under load. Then I'll ask it be added to the sound clip collection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZBT4l2jnc

Well, your call...you could always update it when I get better footage. Don't know if you used the link, it's just neutral revs in my shop.

I will wait till you have a clip ready that your happy with.
Update...looks like that clip may never happen. I'll be replacing at minimum from the cat to the rear split, maybe a full cat-back. Trashed all the mid-tubing, new mid-muffler, and flex pipe is now about 18" long. :cry: I don't know...just happened Thursday, I'm shopping now and have to deal with the insurance company.

Thanks man...starting to think this thing is cursed tho...:crazy:

really I was starting to think having you exhaust hang down an extra 2" and installing lowering springs might be a bad combo..... but yeah I'm definately hoping that you car isn't cursed.... I got the trunk on mine I'll send you some pics let me know what you think....

really I was starting to think having you exhaust hang down an extra 2" and installing lowering springs might be a bad combo..... but yeah I'm definately hoping that you car isn't cursed.... I got the trunk on mine I'll send you some pics let me know what you think....

That was my biggest problem...i had to reweld my exhaust and bend my pipes over and over again..to have enough clearence to drive it around :crazy:

It sucked...hardcore. But i got it perfect now :)

Back