• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Maf

tourinit

CEG'er
My mass airflow is supposedly junk
i checked on autozone and its one sixty new with core a little crazy i thought
but i have a buddy who works at a junkyard and garage and hooked me up with one, i went to plug it in and it was a different set up came off a 99 4cyl
i was amazed that it didnt work
anyone know if there is a recall on them cause the one i tried was all plastic while mine was made with a type of metal inside surrounding? and any ideas how to get a good deal? thanks

There was a switchover after 1998 (1998.5 maybe?). Early MAF's had a 4-wire harness (and were metal) with a separate IAT sensor. Later MAF's had a 6-wire harness (and were plastic) and had a built-in IAT sensor. If you had snagged some of the MAF harness I think you can make the plastic one work, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried.

i figure

i figure

im gonna try finding one with a 4wire, maybe there is one there that i didnt see, thankyou and if you have any tips for splicing those wires in let me know

i might have my old 4 wire pre98 sensor at home somewhere. ill check tomorrow and if i do ill let you know.

or if you would rather just splice the one you have you will have to get a pin out for the 2 MAFs and just connect the correct wires together. IIRC the 2 outer wires are for the IAT.

doesnt matter

doesnt matter

i know how to connect wires just could use a diagram so i dont connect the wrong ones

Back