• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MAF turbo placement

svt2sho

CEG'er
would i put the maf on the throttle body or before the turbo for the best results... i will be running stock injectors and a FMU. is there a problem with that???

thanks

With a blow through (after the turbo) you will lose resolution. Others will argue this is the best way. The ADC kit is a draw through (before the turbo).

Others including myself, will also argue that using an FMU isnt the best way and the correct way to do it is to buy the correct sized injectors and tune via the pcm.

ok

ok

i was gonna go FMU cuz its in my price range and i really dont know of anyone in my area that is capable of tunning my car.

i have a MAF question..... does it have to be mounted the way it normally is to work properly (horizontal) i want to turn it vertical so i can return mine to a suck through but im not sure it'll run right.....and i can save myself the pain of lengthening the wires if it doenst work.....

Changing the mounting orientation shouldn't really bother it much even though it may not be 100% matched to the transfer function. Like any move you make to it, the maf will have to be fine tuned again in its new configuration.

I use the words "have to be.." lightly as you DON'T have to because the computer is more than capable of correcting for it. But if you are fine tuning then you will have to take it into account.

well personally i'm not going to bother getting it tuned until i'm sure this blower isnt gonna grenade again, and even then i might sell it as i've had numerous offers for it and i can then build a turbo kit like i should have in the first place....

Back