• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LUK clutch blew, stranded......

The full face sprung hub looks nice. I almost went that route, but I like the slots in the disc I got so that clutch dust and random debris can escape the mating surfaces :cool:.

The full face sprung hub looks nice. I almost went that route, but I like the slots in the disc I got so that clutch dust and random debris can escape the mating surfaces :cool:.

Well I told them what I do with my car,with daily stoplight floggings and heavy trailer towing. And this is what they sent me for $211 dollars. I will give it a proper break in and then continue with the spirited driving a 200 hp sedan can do.:drool::eek: I thank everyone for the tips and input. keep the dirtiest side down.

New clutch has been in for a few weeks now and I don't have any problems with it.

One issue, that might not even be an issue, is that my clutch doesn't engage until my foot is almost off the clutch pedal :shrug:. I have done the pump/bleed system for the clutch fluid twice, but am a little worried because it is much different than the LUK disc and the previous clutch disc.

I would have thought that because the Clutchnet disc is sooooo much thicker than the OEM style discs that I should have pedal/clutch engagement earlier in the clutch pedal up swing. Thinking the pedal would be closer to the floor when fully engaged.

I'm having a problem shifting smooth because of the clutch pedal position and where I could kind of "slip or ease" the clutch, I can't anymore. :confused:

New clutch has been in for a few weeks now and I don't have any problems with it.

One issue, that might not even be an issue, is that my clutch doesn't engage until my foot is almost off the clutch pedal :shrug:. I have done the pump/bleed system for the clutch fluid twice, but am a little worried because it is much different than the LUK disc and the previous clutch disc.

I would have thought that because the Clutchnet disc is sooooo much thicker than the OEM style discs that I should have pedal/clutch engagement earlier in the clutch pedal up swing. Thinking the pedal would be closer to the floor when fully engaged.

I'm having a problem shifting smooth because of the clutch pedal position and where I could kind of "slip or ease" the clutch, I can't anymore. :confused:

I know with the spec it was almost the same way. It grabbed really high in the pedal vs the stock ones. It takes a while to get used to it. When it blew, it was kind of nice going back to the stock one to use as a dd.

That's good to know.

This is my first non-oem style clutch, so it is very different.

I wonder why the pedal swing changes so much :ponder:.

I had the same clutch feel with my old car. Running exedy/luk clutch on a resurfaced svt flywheel. Bleed it three times and felt the same each time. I was thinking maybe since the flywheel was resurfaced maybe that was causing the clutch to engage out further. But yeah i never liked the way it felt.

Back