• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lowered svt....rear sits lower than front :(

ilovesvt

Veteran CEG'er
Bought my svt about a month and a half ago and they came with blue drop springs on them,i assume sprint springs since thats the only brand i saw that was blue lol.....but i noticed the rear is lower than the front by like an inch the back have no gap between tire and fender which i do like but the front sits about an inch or so gap between tire and fender, how can i get the front to lower like the back,did they put the front assembly on wrong ?

possibly sound like a set of Eibach springs. Also weak rear struts will make these cars sit lower in the rear. If you want the front alittle lower you could get some H&R springs.

Oh wow eibach cool...lol....if it is the rear shocks ill probably get some new kyb ones and save up for some lower springs i would like the car to have no fender gap at all tucked in the fender a hair with stock size tires and wheels thanks

I just looked up eibach and i dont think mine are eibachs,eibachs were black or red mine are bright blue so i think mine are sprint springs and sprint is about 1.8 inch drop just the backs are sagging i guess lol...i might go hunt down a set of ground control sleeve springs if i can find a used set so i can drop it right to the tire to fender

I had progress springs on my cougar, they were light blue in color and sat super low in the rear and I know my struts were fine. Could have been since the cougar is like 150lbs heavier than the contour, but it still sat much lower in the back than the front. They were replaced by coilovers two weeks later.

I just put h&r's on the front and it only dropped about half an inch?

takes some time to settle.

my SVT with H&R springs

DSC_8824.jpg

yah thats what im thinking, plus I haven't done the rears yet and my stock struts are blown so the rears are sagging, I think once I get the new rear ones in today with the new struts it should have a more raked look like yours.

btw your car looks great there brapple!

I just looked up eibach and i dont think mine are eibachs,eibachs were back or red mine are bright blue so i think mine are sprint springs and sprint is about 1.8 inch drop just the backs are sagging i guess lol...i might go hunt down a set of ground control sleeve springs if i can find a used set so i can drop it right to the tire to fender

My eibachs are blue...

^^ Really mine are this color blue only ones i could find are sprint unless mine are generic but i coudnt even find generic lol......and sprints are about 1.8 drop so looks about right i guess my rear shocks are done lol

SPR-springs-3..jpg

from what I remember h&r's where blue for awhile, and koni's are as well, not that color blue though.

guys, you also have to remember that the fender well is cut lower in the rear than the front, since the rear tire doesnt have to turn, so a lot of the rear looking like its sagging (compared to the front) is an optical illusion since you see the difference in fender gap. to check if the rear really is lower than the front, measure from the ground to the front and rear edges of the side skirts (or if you dont have side skirts the drip rail/pinch weld). If it is actually sagging, then as was mentioned, the rear struts are probably dead/dying.

Yea i guess i should measure because my rear shocks still make that charged sound,and my tires are sliced from the fender too...im going to have to roll my fenders....i might just cut my front springs a bit to even or lower the front more

Back