• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

looking for brighter headlights

Would it be the same if I want to run 55w ballast?

ddmtuning recommends the harness for the 55w kit. and if your battery is in the trunk just wire the harness into your distribution block that is under the hood.

also you don't really need the 55w kit, 35w is bright enough imho.

ddmtuning recommends the harness for the 55w kit. and if your battery is in the trunk just wire the harness into your distribution block that is under the hood.

also you don't really need the 55w kit, 35w is bright enough imho.

+10000

Yeah I'm just goin to buy the 35w thanks for the heads up... I was so close to buy a pair of those Phillips ultravision plus

i have a pic thread started for them. just got them installed today.
I just stumbled across this thread while i was looking into upgrading my headlights (along with pretty much all my other ones) and i was going to go with the silverstar ultra's but you guys might have changed my mind... is the 35 watt suppose to be for the low beams and the 55 for the highs? or are you guys running the 35's for the highs and stock lows?

Actually I do quite a bit, I live out in the country... and i work late.

Has anybody tried the 55 watt one in the high beam slots?

It wouldn't be pratical. They take a good 10-15 seconds to warm up to full power. Flashing HID highbeams would also become a bad idea. Stick with halogens in the high beams.

I would say that most HID kits out there wouldn't work well in the high beam location of the headlights. At Carlisle last year there was a guy from Florida that did have HIDs in the high beams. Must have been an expensive kit because they lite almost instantly and he said he hasn't had any issues.

I live out in the country as well and with the HIDs in the low beams i never had to turn on the highs, even on the darkest of nights.

Yeah generally with HID bulbs (same principal of the lights in school gyms and stuff) and street lights... you stress the ballast and bulb when you dont let the bulb cool off fully and the stuff in the bulb to crystallize... gym lights if you turn them off you have to wait a good amount of time for them to turn back on...

I dont even double lock my car so the headlights flash after it's been running... but yeah listen to what everyone says leave the halogens for the highs... it'll look fine

sorry for the long response... thanks VERY much for your additional input... i am currently running silverstar ultras in the highs and even that helps A LOT. I can't wait to buy these HID's they're even on sale right now. How difficult are they to mount? Where have you mounted yours?

sorry for the long response... thanks VERY much for your additional input... i am currently running silverstar ultras in the highs and even that helps A LOT. I can't wait to buy these HID's they're even on sale right now. How difficult are they to mount? Where have you mounted yours?

Very easy to mount. Just pull off the 2 sided tape and attach the ballasts. I attached one to the fuse box cover, and the other is in front of the coolant reservoir. If I did it over again I'd buy a 35w 4500k kit.

Back