• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a sound clip.

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
Is anybody running this setup?

Pre-cats intact
BAT Y-Pipe w/ High Flow Cat
TruBendz resonated with Flowmasters?

Looking for a sound or video clip please.

Thanks !!!

Don't get Flowmasters... and yes, NECO has a good size thread, they seem to like Flowmaster @_@

Is anybody running this setup?

Pre-cats intact
BAT Y-Pipe w/ High Flow Cat
TruBendz resonated with Flowmasters?

Looking for a sound or video clip please.

Thanks !!!

Well I didn't want something quite as loud as Borla or Mangaflow.
Any other recommendations?

I see from the first post that you're looking at a Trubendz kit and according to the Trubendz website, the Flowmaster is the LOUDEST option they have, and MagnaFlow is the quietest with Borla somewhere in the middle. I personally have the resonated Magnaflow setup and It's very mellow and I was told it was the kit that sounds the closest to the stock SVT exhaust. I have the BAT Y-pipe with a high-flow cat also, but I have MSDS headers so it's a good bit louder than it would be with the pre-cats intact. Also, there's a thread in this section (right below yours currently) about Aero Turbine mufflers and if you go to the link in it to striker2's thread on his exhaust, there are a few clips of it and I think it sounds pretty good too, which leads me back to Trubendz. I saw in the banner on the Trubendz website they say they now offer their kit with an Aero Turbine muffler option too, but I don't know what it sounds like because I don't think anyone has tried it yet...

I saw that about the Aero's and loved how it sounded at idle. However, it is just to high pitch mosquito sounding when on the throttle for my taste.

I saw that about the Aero's and loved how it sounded at idle. However, it is just to high pitch mosquito sounding when on the throttle for my taste.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I thought that too in the drive-by vid, but iirc striker2 doesn't have a resonator and I'm thinking that if you had a Trubendz resonated exhaust w/ an Aero Turbine muffler it would sound different because of the resonators but its hard to say... I wonder if Trubendz might have a sound clip of it on a customer's car. It might be worth e-mailing them to find out... Now I'm probably sounding like a pushy salesman, lol :troutslap:

Not a bad idea. I'll ask
one thing to note about my exhaust, is that it only has the higher pitched rasp for a short while when cold. after 1 to 2 0-60 runs it no longer sounds like that. that video your talking about was taken pretty much right after i started the car that morning. as was mentioned, add a resonator and it shouldnt sound like that, even on a cold start up.

I have the stock headers with pre-cats intact, a BAT Y pipe and the TruBendz resonated exhaust with the Borla. Not too loud and not too quiet, just right IMO. Also, do yourself a favor and don't get the dronemaster. I'll try and get a sound clip up from inside the car tomorrow for you. I just wish the previous owner before me had spent the extra $100 to get the full stainless catback. Stupid not to get all stainless IMO.

Back