• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a job!

hey Roger....good luck with all the interviews you have. i will be searching for a "job" in about 5 years when i am done playing Army.... until then i don't want to think about it...i know it is very stressful trying to find a job that pays what you need to provide for a family.

Ben

hey Roger....good luck with all the interviews you have. i will be searching for a "job" in about 5 years when i am done playing Army.... until then i don't want to think about it...i know it is very stressful trying to find a job that pays what you need to provide for a family.

Ben

Thank you for giving me the chance to go out and not only look for a job but be able to go to it everyday w/o too much of a worry:cool:

I actually sent a thank you email.

Oddly enough they prefer to see them hand written, short, and sent by traditional mail. It's really kiss ass that way!

Roger I am doing the same thing right now. I think I have applied for 100 different positions and I have only heard back from a few. It's been a stressful few months, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks Pete and I believe that "light at the end of the tunnel" could be coming up next week as I've got an interview with the store manager of Discount Tire on 14 and Gratiot. I need to interview with him and then he sends me to 2 or 3 other stores to interview with their managers and then they make a decision. IMO this is a dream job for me because its car related and I'll be getting paid to do what I've been doing for people here, family and friends for the past 10+ years, suggest the right tire for their cars! The starting pay is pretty good for the assistant manager position which is what the counter salesmen are called (gotta love titles:laugh: ) I'm praying that I get this job because with my gift of gab, knowledge of tires (I'm not patting myself on the back, but to the general masses I know my stuff) and I'm basically a geek with all the numbers on the sidewall, you've gotta know what your talkin' about and once I'm there day in and day out, I'll be an even bigger tire geek and that's a good thing:cool:

Back