• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Longer Wheel Studs

Hydrargyrum

Veteran CEG'er
Does anyone have an idea where I can buy longer wheel studs for my SVT? I plan on running 10mm spacers. I currently have 5mm, and one of my front studs snapped off...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
I got them from napa i forget the exact number but 52mm is the length of mine and im running 13mm spacers.

Wow, 13mm! What kind of mods did you have to do to run them? I am running 5mm spacers, and the rears rub all the time...

Not to Hijack But did the spacers cause the stud to snap from not allowing the lug to spin on enough.... I have some focus rims and need spacers, just hoping to get away without longer studs..

Wow, 13mm! What kind of mods did you have to do to run them? I am running 5mm spacers, and the rears rub all the time...
Depending on what the offset of the original wheels were makes a big difference.
Not to Hijack But did the spacers cause the stud to snap from not allowing the lug to spin on enough.... I have some focus rims and need spacers, just hoping to get away without longer studs..
It's a good (safe) idea to go with longer studs any time you are adding spacers.

I have had them on the car for almost 6yrs, and it just happened. I did hit a bad pothole a few weeks ago, and I suspect that's what did it...

BTW, I went to NAPA, they said they don't carry longer studs....

So, does anyone have a suggestion?

I have had them on the car for almost 6yrs, and it just happened. I did hit a bad pothole a few weeks ago, and I suspect that's what did it...

BTW, I went to NAPA, they said they don't carry longer studs....

So, does anyone have a suggestion?

You probably can get them from Baer... as well as the spacers if you don't have them (although I think you do already). I know you can get the studs from them for my Mustang but I haven't ever checked about the Contour. If you knew the knurl size of the stock studs you could probably just give ARP a call and get what you need that way, however I don't have any idea of what the knurl size is for the Contour either :( Sorry if I'm not being any help to you here.

BTW aside from Baer carrying spacers, Maximum Motorsports also makes slip on spacers that will work on the Contour, as they make spacers for the four lug Mustang bolt pattern and it's the same as the Contour.

Shannon

Back