• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Little SVT photoshoot

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Took the time today to throw some lowering springs on the back and took the car out for some pics.

What do you guys think? Especially from a photography standpoint.

Great what would look great if u did side markers would bring ur car out alot in the night pics love the ride ( i used Audi a4 side markers clear rectangles and put led in them junkyard pocket part)

If I could get LED switchback side markers like my current front marker bulbs, i'd consider it, but in a way , I like the badges.

Black cars are the toughest for photos in regards to reflections, but these aren't bad. Last 3 look like the white balance is a little off on the cool side. 2,4,5 (my favorite), and 6 I think are your best. 6 is pretty good, but I think could have looked a little better with the car a little closer to the camera so that the bridge is more in the background and the car really popped (maybe one with the hood closed from that angle too). 1, 3, and 7 the crops are kind of boring. I like to leave more space in front of the car, but that's a personal preference thing. 8 and 10 have ugly foregrounds that distract from the car. 9 the car is underexposed and the sky is overexposed. Not much you can do here unless you wait until the sun is down further or use a flash (extra tough with a black car) to light up the car.

What suspension is it now?

Perfect wheel gap - I don't know jack about photos.

Black cars are the toughest for photos in regards to reflections, but these aren't bad. Last 3 look like the white balance is a little off on the cool side. 2,4,5 (my favorite), and 6 I think are your best. 6 is pretty good, but I think could have looked a little better with the car a little closer to the camera so that the bridge is more in the background and the car really popped (maybe one with the hood closed from that angle too). 1, 3, and 7 the crops are kind of boring. I like to leave more space in front of the car, but that's a personal preference thing. 8 and 10 have ugly foregrounds that distract from the car. 9 the car is underexposed and the sky is overexposed. Not much you can do here unless you wait until the sun is down further or use a flash (extra tough with a black car) to light up the car.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I have some things to practice. :D

What suspension is it now?

Perfect wheel gap - I don't know jack about photos.

Before it was stock in the rear and Eibach in the front. Now its still the Eibachs in the front, and whatever came on my last SVT in the rear. No markings on the springs other than two yellow dots that look like factory markings. I'm thinking possibly a stock Cougar rear spring? Not sure, but it levels it out nicely.

Thanks.

Clean engine bay, looks real good.

I hear that a lot about my engine, especially for it being a DD. I'm a mechanic, so i'm always getting dirty. When it comes time for me to work on my car, I don't like to get dirty.

Car looks good and the photos are looking better! Some of the dusk images look a bit over processed. Nice composition but 4 and 6 could be straight. Line up the pillars with a vertical level (always a pet peeve of mine). Nothing that cant be fixed in a photo editing software!

Nice job

Back