• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Backside Fuse in CD Player (No Power)

ContouR CreW

New CEG'er
Hey guys, a friend of mine recently found an 2004 Pioneer DEH-P2600 CD Player in his garage that he wasn't using and gave it to me. I have a perfectly fine CD Player in the Contour already, so I've decided to install this one in my boat.

Anyway, I've wired everything up just fine I believe, and have power in the batt. wire via a wire test, but the player fails to turn on with the power button. There is a spot in the backside of the CD Player that displays "10A" next to an open slot containing several circular slots. Nothing is plugged in here. I have an in-line fuse in the batt wire, but do I need to install a fuse in this slot as well for the deck to power up? I don't remember doing this when I installed the CD Player in the Contour but that was a long time ago. Thanks!

You didn't have to do it with your cd player because it came with one. Someone must of taken it out between when you got it and when it was taken out.

I read the owner's manual and I didn't find anything regarding the fuse. I imagine I need it, I checked a local Wal-Mart, but I'm living in a tourist town for the summer and there isn't a whole lot of selection when it comes to automobile/audio part stores.

Any ideas where I could pick one of these CD Player fuses up?

any auto store will carry them. i think my kenwood has a regularsize auto 10amp fuse. i'd expect the pioneer to not use a weird size fuse.

Alright, I've never seen a fuse like this before. It has several (around 12) circular slots, and the outlet is square shaped. Does this sound typical?

Alright, I've got it all figured out, the fuse is actually behind the wiring harness, which I had to remove in order to replace. Doh. Thanks everyone, now I've got some decent tunes out there on the lake.

Back