• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

License plate on 2000SVT

jsujo

CEG'er
Geez, I didnt know that the plate originally is supposed to go underneath the bumper in front of the lower screen? Can anyone explain how to install em? Like a shmoe i bought an adapter that I screwed right on the bumper..stup'd <---------

Never mind, it seems originally there were 3 holes on the front bumper, as I look at some pics.

Geez, I didnt know that the plate originally is supposed to go underneath the bumper in front of the lower screen? Can anyone explain how to install em? Like a shmoe i bought an adapter that I screwed right on the bumper..stup'd <---------

Never mind, it seems originally there were 3 holes on the front bumper, as I look at some pics.

Yes, there's a black plastic bracket that attaches to those three holes and then the plate attaches to the plastic bracket...

I got stopped within 3 days of getting my car and having the license plate in the windshield.

I craftily used velcro and mounted it to the passenger side of the front bumper. Looks pretty good.

Back