• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lesson learned...

have you actually taken it apart yet to see what the real damange is? like lca's,balljoints,struts,inner/outter tie rod,sway bar or end link:shrug:

yeah, me and dad have pulled the wheel off and took a look. Nothing too bad. just the tie rod, tie rod end, lower control arm, and the wheel of course.

subframe is good so i get to keep it :). i just have to pay for the parts and dad will cover the wheels/tires...most likely going to get the '04 6-spoke FSVT wheels......which brings up a question...do they bolt right on or do you need spacers or anything?

just straight up bolt up?

and yeah. they have seen some. it was a MI car before the girl who had it before me got tranfered to DAFB and bought a SVT 'stang and sold me this. so im sure is got salt n snow n sh*t on it from then.

so why don't you save up and buy one? I do think that is what most of us do ... :shrug:
word, svts are cheap as :censored::censored::censored::censored: these days, but not if you keep wasting money on duplicolor rattle cans :laugh:

just straight up bolt up?
put wheel over lug nuts, tighten lugs.. yes bolt right on :laugh:

Last edited:
Looks like what happened to my SE in July of 05. Took a corner too fast in my SE showing off and destroyed one E1 and rashed the hell out of the other one, not to mention bent strut, broken suspension etc..... Take it to a body shop and a couple grand later it'll be driveable again. :blackeye:

suprisingly, my strut and spring arent broken...which im kinda glad about....

yet they'll be getting replaced this summer.

I guess I should have come up to Dover this weekend. Maybe then I would have been able to keep you out of trouble

prolly would have..... :( oh well. i had to learn sometime...and im glad it was now instead of later

Back