• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED Switches, Official GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long does it take you to do the switches? Would you be willing to do the switches and help install (and for what cost)? I've been itching to take the SVT on a small road trip on a Saturday or Sunday.

The door switches are a piece of cake to do...I used a tiny flat-head screw driver and a normal sized phillips head driver and I had all 6 out in less than 15 minutes.

Sure, I wouldn't charge anything extra to install them, it's extremely easy. It usually takes me 2-3 hours to do all the switches. If you want to come down, PM me, and we can set up a date (on a calender, not a night out :p).

Ok, so I've done switches in red, white, and blue. Blue has the coolest effect to it, but the color isn't the greatest. Red looks like it matches the car the best. And white seems to be the smoothest and best looking color. I'll try to get pics up of the white and blue.

Ok, so I've done switches in red, white, and blue. Blue has the coolest effect to it, but the color isn't the greatest. Red looks like it matches the car the best. And white seems to be the smoothest and best looking color. I'll try to get pics up of the white and blue.

pics would be great!

Also is the white a "hyper white" or are they more like "halogen white"

pics would be great!

Also is the white a "hyper white" or are they more like "halogen white"

their LEDs so im thinking they are just white, as apposed to the yellow hue of halogen or blue hue of hyper

their LEDs so im thinking they are just white, as apposed to the yellow hue of halogen or blue hue of hyper

you can actually buy leds that have a halogen look to them. I have bought several times from a company that sells these. I personally don't know why anyone would want them but they do sell them.

As far as the white I think the hyper white looks better. For example the new Lexus have the hyper white licence plate lights and the new caddies have the hyper white reverse lights. That looks great! It gives it a real modern look to it.

I want to get white done but I would only want hyper white as I think this looks best + I have upgraded all my other interior and exterior lighting to hyper white

then work it out with matt i think he would be willing. but thats just me thinking and not him doing :shrug:

The white is regular white. It doesn't have the blueish tint to it like "hyper white". But it's also not yellowish white like halogen. I can do whatever color you want, but you'd have to find the 3mm LEDs and include them in the package w/ your switches.

The blue I got is actually more of a purplish blue. It varies between different brands of LEDs. It may or may not match with the blue you have now. But it's still blue.

1031071944.jpg

Here's my master switch I did, in half blue/half white, with the fixed lock switch. Don't forget, the camera exaggerates the bright/dim spots. They really do look sexy, and the color is universal.

Last edited:
Update: I have realized now I can change the window lock switch to whatever colors you want. They'll look the same during the day, but they'll light up what color you want (red,blue,white,green) at night. Remember it's $5 extra for me to do this. I can also do the main switch in various colors if wanted. Each window switch has it's own LED, and therefore, it's own color. However, it messes with the voltage in the switch, and they'll most likely burn out earlier. I offer no warranty if you choose this option.

Last edited:
I got a set of switches today via UPS from "Poly Vinyl Co Inc". I need to know who this is on the forums, and what stuff you want (color, etc).

There's not really any switches I can't do...

Well, IIRC, you said you could do the row of buttons that include T/C and defrost.

What about the headlight/fog switch? I think you said HVAC was out? Anything I am missing?

Oh, and I will likely take you up on the gauge change, too, as soon as I pickup a spare gauge face.

Last edited:
Well, IIRC, you said you could do the row of buttons that include T/C and defrost.

What about the headlight/fog switch? I think you said HVAC was out? Anything I am missing?

Oh, and I will likely take you up on the gauge change, too, as soon as I pickup a spare gauge face.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I can do all the window and lock switches, the traction control, defroster, and moonroof. Can't do HVAC or headlight switch; gauges are in the other GB thread.

Got mine and am very satisfied! Red all around.
I can take pics if anyone wants (didn't see any of the red in these posts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back