• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

LED Interior/Exterior Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bright are these over normal bulbs? I'm thinking maybe the reverse lights and the license plate lights. I don't think that I would need anything else really, unless someone can sway me. For instance I have a real hard time seeing the green on the gauges around dusk is there a more visible color that would look good? Maybe red?

Last edited:
Just checked the order guys... never got the instrument cluster bulbs, which a few people ordered. I'll order more very soon... anyone on there that wants anything else, please let me know, as I will be ordering soon. I'll still ship out what I got.
Is it all the same for the pre98? i would like to have reverse,lic plate,inst cluster, havc dont know what color though. It will be the same for all of them like maybe white, i have purple neons in side the car blue on the outside, insideones come on when i open the door and so does the floor ones, so if you can let me know that would be great. Thanks

I believe they're the same across all the years. These are a little slightly less bright than regular bulbs, but not really noticeable. If you want some, paypal me please... I really don't want to PM everyone again.

Yes, I can get #74 bulbs. $.99 for 2. Go ahead and anyone that wants anything, paypal me. Paypal address is on the first page.

I've decided I'm not going to do this GB anymore. It's not worth the amount of time for $5. And I'm sick and tired of people asking me the same questions over and over, when all the information is posted in the original few posts.

No one has bothered to send me anything by paypal. So the people that did order originally, almost all orders have already shipped, and the last few will ship after I get a few more LEDs from the mistake.

I've decided I'm not going to do this GB anymore. It's not worth the amount of time for $5. And I'm sick and tired of people asking me the same questions over and over, when all the information is posted in the original few posts.

No one has bothered to send me anything by paypal. So the people that did order originally, almost all orders have already shipped, and the last few will ship after I get a few more LEDs from the mistake.

Sorry to hear the bad news Matt. If you where to do another group buy, raise your prices to cover the higher costs.

Everyone should have their orders by now or have received a tracking number. Thanks to those that participated.

If someone wants help/advice having to do with LEDs, contact me.

I have all of mine in, but the red leds aren't bright enough through the green. I'm either going to have to sand off some of the backing or replace with red bulbs...

Thanks anyway matt the leds are nice quality and rather bright, just not the right combo.

Matt, I was going to take you up on your door switch GB, but we Cougars have buttons and knobs that aren't on Contours. I got to thinking of doing the work myself. It sounds like this GB is done, but if you have extra stock in red and/or blue, let me know. I'd want two interior sets. Or do you have a source you recommend?

Matt, I was going to take you up on your door switch GB, but we Cougars have buttons and knobs that aren't on Contours. I got to thinking of doing the work myself. It sounds like this GB is done, but if you have extra stock in red and/or blue, let me know. I'd want two interior sets. Or do you have a source you recommend?

eBay... get some 3mm LEDs. Many sellers give you free resistors too. Should be around $6 shipped for 20 LEDs.

Okay, thanks. Any recommendation on how bright is good? 1200, 4000, 5000 mcd? Too bright and things look spotty I imagine.

Whatever they sell for cheap is fine. I think most blue 3mm LEDs are rated at 5000mcd. Depends on the color though... white is usually 20000mcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back