• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Last evening

Aussie Ford

Hard-core CEG'er
Da mob..jpg
A mob of us got together at the Jarhead's place, and fixed or at least determined the cause of some issues with a couple of contours......
(Jarhead, PDXSVT, Aussie Ford, RobFresh2SVTs)

#1 Had a P0172 code so we cleaned the MAF and found some loose connections.

#2 Has a low end power problem...... now I know you are thinking IMRC related and the o'l acutator rod retainer thing and you'd be right....... Except in this case the rod is just plain gone not to be found caught up in the stuff in the area under the TB. That calls for a trip to the JY........ Oh darn!!! :laugh:

AF

Thanks so much for troubleshooting that for me guys it was great to spend time with Bob Pdxsvt and Aussie (Bob Again) and his son in law steve. Larry, Darrell, and Darrell. Look forward to sunday afternoon.

View attachment 10461
A mob of us got together at the Jarhead's place, and fixed or at least determined the cause of some issues with a couple of contours......
(Jarhead, PDXSVT, Aussie Ford, RobFresh2SVTs)

#1 Had a P0172 code so we cleaned the MAF and found some loose connections.

#2 Has a low end power problem...... now I know you are thinking IMRC related and the o'l acutator rod retainer thing and you'd be right....... Except in this case the rod is just plain gone not to be found caught up in the stuff in the area under the TB. That calls for a trip to the JY........ Oh darn!!! :laugh:

AF

I didn't know you guys were planning on wearing the same shirt.

And which yard might you be thinking about, aren't there like 3 locally?

AF could be doing daily recon of the yards for all we know. His work does sent him out and about on errands which perhaps sometimes allow him to pass by and see what contiques are in stock, for knowing there's a 2.5L present to provide that imrc linkage bar... Wouldn't you expect a good sniper to case out his target? Let's start him talking of varmint shooting.

(Paste picture of exploding desert rodent here)

It all depends on me really. I have a contract meeting at the convention center at 10:00. I have no idea how long it is going to take. But as soon as i'm done i have to call Aussie to get the show on the road.
I get off work in Springfield at 4:30 or so. The earliest I'd be able to be there is likely 7:00...too late?

Back