• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Konig 17's or Silver 18's???????

novellino21

Veteran CEG'er
I currently own these wheels.-silver 7 spoke 18's. The brand doesnt matter, they're just a nock off brand that aren't worth much. They just look good.
IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

And I'm thinking about switching to these Konig's I found for sale. I wanted to switch to a 17" wheel b/c it reduce wheel gap, since i cant lower my car:(
konigswheels.jpg

konigswheels2.jpg

konigswheels3.jpg

What do you think?

Keep the wheels you have.

I don't get what you mean, how 17's will make your wheel gap less.

The tires on the 17's are too small nonetheless.

I'd be buying new tires no matter which way i go. By summer i'll have new tires on my 18's, and i'm gonna get a 40" sidewall instead of the 35 that's on them now.

As far as the konig's go, havnt bought them yet but the owner said they need new tires and i'd get a bigger side wall for them too.

My goal here is to get wheels that dont exaggerate the wheel gap i have, and do it all without lowering the car. (dont have money to do it)

In the first 2 pics. i tried to make the wheel gap less noticeable by taking the pictures further away and higher up. But here are some other pics. and the wheel gap is just horrendous!!!!!

100_1361.jpg

100_1360.jpg

peterscrap019.jpg

Oh i wish i could lower it.....which is why i want a 17 rim so that maybe it would fill in the gap a little better. But i guess i can try using a 40" sidewall on the 18's and see how that effects it.

Last edited:
I like the silver ones better, just get a taller tire, those rubber bands you have now make it look like you are riding on bare rim.

why cant you lower the car:shrug:
do it all without lowering the car. (dont have money to do it)
Though it doesn't cost much for some lowering springs. How many miles are on your car? I've been lowered on stock struts for a while (Though I'm coming up to 90k and I'm sure they're on their way out :nonono: )

Yes, no money means no lowering for me and gotta get them installed since i cant do it myself. need money for that too. I've got about 120K on the body and suspension. So i think that idea of running on stock struts is out!! If their gonna go out might as well replace them with some new ones instead having to do it twice. Plus i dont want "pogo" when going down the road with my car.

Back