• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

K&n

my98SVTturbo

Hard-core CEG'er
i wanna get a K&n cone filter for the svt . i wanna get rid of the stupid black box so its all open....do i need the adapter thats like 75 bucks or this or is there any other way to mount it on?

Yes you need the adaptor...it is $40 on ctamotorsports.com + a gasket ($5)

I want to buy a K&N conic filter

I want to buy a K&N conic filter

Hey guys, can you tell me what K&N conic filter fits my contour? I really want to get one, but I do not know the parts required for that filter... Thanks

Yes you need the adaptor...it is $40 on ctamotorsports.com + a gasket ($5)

DOnt know why anybody would pay that when you can just go to ebay and get a bomz intake and get the whole pipeing kit for $20

Because the most (and really, the only) DYNO proven gains (on a Contour) are from a K&N #RU3530

Are there other open air filters? sure. Are they better? maybe... are the PROVEN better, or even as good? not yet...

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you very much!

Then, only need K&N 3530 and MAF adapater and MAF Gasket from "Cta motor sports" or "Sp motor sports".
But I have a question. I must install the IAT relocation kit or the remote air hose? Maybe a heat shield?

The K&N 3530 is better than K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit Gen II (57-2534) ?

Thank you again!!!!

you dont need the IAT relocation unless you have a pre98 i believe. Because their IAT's are mounted on the airbox where ours are on the intake pipe.

You dont need the MAF gasket either.

You will need to build a heatshield, its easy with a plastic garbage can tho.

If you cant find an RU-3530 you can get an RU-1875. It fits the adapter better and has more CFM volume.

Back