• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just wanted to share ! BRAGGING

Well, I went to the dyno yesterday . . . more on that in a min.
In Feb. of this year my Civic put down 315WHP on 91oct. Redline 9000 RPM at 12psi. This is the fastest go-cart I have ever owned. I have been enjoying it all summer. I'm still at 30 MPG because of the size of the turbo and it does not boost at all until 4k+ RPM. Many NASA & SCCA events have gone by and even a crash. (Thank goodness it was all cosmetic) and now its time for more power. A Viper almost caught me . . . . .

So, Been searching around and found my answer. . . . . . E85 . . . . . .
106 oct, $2/gallon and makes insane power. With a re-flashed chip and two hours of dyno time my 1.6L SOHC Civic put down 415whp at 24psi. Mind you my car is completely built, but E85 burns up to 200 degrees cooler, almost like a mild nitrous system or alcohol car, it is 85% ethanol DOHHHHH.

I could not be any happier so I thought I would share. Thanks for the read -B.

Cool. Lots of E85 tuners around CO lately.

You know I noticed was on clubfrontier with a familiar looks T/A? Kelly! Lolz. Turns out a few SHO guys are Frontier owners as well.

Anyway, I didn't realize you had his old car. Sick, wish I was still around for a ride.

And yes, B-widows car is that fast. That thing is a monster.

Good Lord Widow you live in the middle of no where.

2 acres for each lot. No neighbors, no noise and I can do whatever I want with my land. I love freedom and I'm 5 min from town. We are moving next year but we are staying out west and just getting a bigger house. Everything out here is foreclosed on, so every house is super cheap. I might have to float two house payments for awhile, but the housing market is prime for the pickins. -B.

Wow, not even a B series and you're getting some decent power.

What are the basic specs on the houses out there? Year built, finished sq ft, asking prices, etc? Just curious.....

Randy,

Thanks for the ride last Thursday. That little rice...er corn burner of yours is a rocket!! Now if I could find big enough injectors to run E85 on the SHO and be able to tune it, that would be the ticket. For now... guess this will have to do.

intercoolermock2.jpg

Adding a water to air aftercooler. Still got to plumb in the pump, exchangers and reservoir.

Cool. Lots of E85 tuners around CO lately.

You know I noticed was on clubfrontier with a familiar looks T/A? Kelly! Lolz. Turns out a few SHO guys are Frontier owners as well.

Anyway, I didn't realize you had his old car. Sick, wish I was still around for a ride.

And yes, B-widows car is that fast. That thing is a monster.

And I would be one of them!!

Last edited:
Terry, you should come out for the last NASA event. It is not sold out yet, but its getting close. It is Nov. 10-11th at PMI, I signed up for Saturday.

Thats all I can afford since Im going to SEMA next week. I would love to watch your SHO ditch some vettes and Vipers beside me. Nothing better then taking a 15k car and smoking a $70k car.

By the way, you owe me a ride now ! -B.

after 5 tanks, I get 22mpg highway, loss of 8 and 20mpg in town, loss of 5 or so. But, with E85 at $2/gal Im not worried, plus this is number 4 car in the stable, so I dont need to drive it everyday or worry about mileage when its throwing down this much power. Under hard boost on the track, for 20min, I go through a 1/4 tank. Have to take extra fuel to the track. Walmart gas cans $1.99 for 5gal. Last race of the year is Nov 10th, then it goes into hibernation till next spring. Future mods, meth injection. It worked great on my contour, so Im sure it will on the Civic. -B.

after 5 tanks, I get 22mpg highway, loss of 8 and 20mpg in town, loss of 5 or so. But, with E85 at $2/gal Im not worried

While the lower prices does make up for some of it, there's still a loss of money. But of course, milage isn't your primary goal, so there isn't an issue at all. It only matters when people think they're saving money by running E85 because it's cheaper.

10gal at $1.99/gal =$20 mpg 22 == Total miles per tank 220
10gal at $2.99/gal =$30 mpg 30 == Total miles per tank 300
------------------
80 extra miles
It would take 3.63 more gallons of E85 to match the miles of Prem.
3.63 X $1.99 = $7.23 Still $2.77 in my pocket ! Big Mac here I come.
ha ha ha -B.

10gal at $1.99/gal =$20 mpg 22 == Total miles per tank 220
10gal at $2.99/gal =$30 mpg 30 == Total miles per tank 300
------------------
80 extra miles
It would take 3.63 more gallons of E85 to match the miles of Prem.
3.63 X $1.99 = $7.23 Still $2.77 in my pocket ! Big Mac here I come.
ha ha ha -B.

Is there really a $1 difference in price?? For us it's more like a $0.50 difference.

Oh yeah, E85 keeps dropping every week. I guess there is an over supply for the winter and demand is not as high as they thought. Its gone from $2.29 to $1.99. Prem here is at $3.13 as of tonight. CO has prices that jump all around on fuel. Hope E85 keeps going cheaper, might buy a 500 gallon set up for the house ! -B.

Wow, that is some impressive numbers. and to think that it runs on cheap pump gas. P.s. That's my favorite body style of honda civics. I used to own a CRX but ended up selling it for a Nissan Sentra. Faster stock but the potential wasn't good with the Sentra.

Back