• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

just finished

I used 400, 800, 2000
100_0324.jpg

100_0326.jpg

finished and clear next.
100_0331.jpg

100_0328.jpg

Good news and bad news today. Good news I got my HID in from DDM. The bad news, got my lenses back from clear coat today and this is a paint shop and what a crap job going back tomorow to have it redone.
100_0365.jpg

100_0368.jpg

100_0370.jpg

Bull sh--! they told me they cant do anything about it. What a crap company!! they are are saying thoses hair line cracks are in my lenes bull sh--! I am going to waite till sat and wet sand it all off wat a waste of $50!!!

Im sorry, but they do look like hairline cracks :rolleyes: Looks like they showed up worse after they were sprayed. Thats really to bad, you did a great job on them. Looks like the best bet is to sand them down and load them up with polish.

Polish them up and wax the hell out of them. After I did mine I waxed them maybe once and never touched them again til i sold the car. They still looked good after a few years. My car was garge kept and stored in winter though.

After polishing mine, those hairline cracks/spider webbing came through as well. Went ahead and bought new ones. Well worth it.

Good news and bad news today. Good news I got my HID in from DDM. The bad news, got my lenses back from clear coat today and this is a paint shop and what a crap job going back tomorow to have it redone.
100_0365.jpg

100_0368.jpg

100_0370.jpg

Two things...

Your running HID with standard halogen lens?! That's not a good idea. Your going to be scattering light everywhere blinding on coming drivers. You need to get the D2R (D2) bulbs, instead of the D2S bulbs it appears you bought, if your going to do that.

D2R (D2)
S4031.jpg

D2S
B4030.jpg

Looking at those pictures it would appear those are hairline cracks in the lenses, nothing to do with the clear coat that was applied. This seems to go along with what was said a few posts down as well. I have run across this with a number of headlight sets. You won't be able to sand them out. However a good polish will hide them.

Two things...

Your running HID with standard halogen lens?! That's not a good idea. Your going to be scattering light everywhere blinding on coming drivers. You need to get the D2R (D2) bulbs, instead of the D2S bulbs it appears you bought, if your going to do that.

D2R bulbs will only make a significant difference if the housings were designed for D2R bulds, if not, a D2S's will perform almost the same as the D2R's.

Back