• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just a PDX question

I live on the border of Beaverton & Aloha which is near the Portland area. I'd say there are a handfull of us that live "near" Portland.

Any reason why you are trying to find out?

-Aaron

Well Since the holiday seasin is coming around I was thinking may some pizza and beverages and a Howdy might be in order. I'm still new to this fun little car, and mine is not fancy just a 95 GL 4 banger, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of those fast fixed up ones some of you have. I might even pick up a few ideas for mine. ;)

About ideas for that 4 banger of yours... is it linked up to a manual trans?

One of our NW members now up around DuPont or Tacoma built up his MTX-75 and added nitrous to his zetec contour. Maybe had ETs in the low or mid 14s. Wouldn't match a 426, but would be a better daily driver for our weather and topography.

Speaking of a 426, what kind of intake manifold/carb do you have you that beast of yours?

A get together is due, but with it already being November, work crunches and family calendars can inhibit turnout. The worst case scenario is no meet until the Portland Auto Show in January.

I've got a daughter in Fayetteville NC (Ft. Bragg) with the Army Reserves doing pre-med courses on the side I like to brag about, but I can agree to avoid talking politics.

It's an ATX, I don't think I'm up to doing nitrous just yet :) but that sounds neat he did it.

Sadly my 426 was totaled by a drunk quite a while back and I just haven't gotten over it. It was stock, but nothing back then could touch it. I had 2-4bbls on it for a bit, but o'l lead foot here could dump a tank of gas in a few hours :) so I put it back to just one after about 3 months. My buddy added extra clutches to the tranny so it would burn rubber shifting in drive if I had a foot in it........... oh well

PLease feel free to brag on your daughter all you want, a dad should, but then you gotta also listen to stories about my son the Marine ....deal? Please thank her for her service for me from an O'l nam vet. I think the folks in today are much better than in my time.

I don't mind a healthy discussion on issues I'm not thin skinned and I after all we have more than a bit of common ground to share.

Regards,
Bob M

Back