• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Junk Yard Run - 5/24

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
Figured I'd share, found a very unique Contour in the junk yard. Also found an Opel...and saved the valve cover. Someone had taken the cylinder head and left the valve cover sitting in the car.

Had a K&N on it at one point. I bought the adaptor plate.

The final color is orange...however camera decided it was red. But scuffed back through paint and polished the letters and oil fill cap:

I was looking at those pics and thinking that someone had done some bad things to that car, then i saw the side vents that they used what appears to be drywall screws to attach...I shuddered when I saw that.
Also, very nice work on that valve cover, you gonna use it on anything or just for looks?

Wall Ornament for the garage. I also have a set of the old steel ford valve covers that are stamped with "Powered by Ford" on the top.

Did you check the contour for lowering springs or aftermarket exhaust? According to the stickers it's lowered and too loud. Lol.

You know that's a good point, it was pretty dirty underneath. Never actually looked to see if it had lowering springs or an exhaust system. I suspect someone from CEG may have owned it, and then someone else got a hold of it. The windows were tinted, there was an aftermarket radio. Wing added, the door handles were done in carbon fiber vinyl. Someone did spend time on the car. The transmission was an automatic.

Sweet find on the Opel valve cover. That would look nice on a garage wall for sure... now you've got me thinking about doing the same thing to decorate my garage hmmm.

I doubt that car had any suspension work done to it or even a ceg'ers car..probably just some ricer got a hold of it. See contours all the time like it, last one i thought i found a carbon fiber trunk when i was 50 feet away from it ( was like ah jackpot! ) got up close and it was a bunch of 12"x12" vinal stickers on it.

You know that's a good point, it was pretty dirty underneath. Never actually looked to see if it had lowering springs or an exhaust system. I suspect someone from CEG may have owned it, and then someone else got a hold of it. The windows were tinted, there was an aftermarket radio. Wing added, the door handles were done in carbon fiber vinyl. Someone did spend time on the car. The transmission was an automatic.

That wing was a stock oem sport wing

I saw those...but I was already there for a few hours and it was starting to rain. Maybe I'll take a trip back.

How hard is it to remove the overlays?

Back