• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's here

stilov

CEG'er
It is an t3/t4 60-1 in a .60 A/R cover The turbine is .82 A/R

WHat do you guys think?

Keep the turbine on there and change my flange, or buy a .82 turbine that has the Ford 5 bolt (to fit my current downpipe)...I can get one for about 80 shipped to me.

Then i could "try" and sell my 4 bolt .82 turbine.

Attachments

• nathan.jpg
    nathan.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0
Just cut off the flange and have another welded on if it were me. I dunno, after you estimate the cost of the flange and the welding it may be about the same as a new housing and if you can recoup it by selling it then go for it. However, selling stuff isn't always as easy as it sounds....

You'd have to pull your piping off to weld it on, it would be a PITA IMO. How much is your time worth? Plus, I'd bet you'd have it done faster if it's as easy as swapping over the new housing and we'd all get to see some serious turbo duratec power put down. If you have to go to all the trouble of pulling off the piping, cutting the old flange off, test fit everything, tack into place, complete the weld and reinstall everything..... it might take you a little while to get to it.

Buy the new one and swap over. Sell the old one on Ebay. Selling stuff is a lot easier than you'd think :D

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb here and say that I will buy it as is ... no need to pay listing fees on eBay. It's a 4 bolt .82 A/R turbine housing right? PM me if you are interested in me buying it from you ;)

old turbo out!!!! Old front brakes off!!!

pulled turbine on new turbo...new turbine on it's way and old turbine sold and out in the mail tomorrow!!!!!

I haven't made this much progress on my car in ages!!!!

It's funny I have also had a sudden interest in buying my car...3 people in 2 days!!!

got my oil drain fitting!!! Now I just need some time...which doesn;t look aas if it is happening very soon!!!

Back