• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IT's ABOUT TIME!!!

Groovenerd- I'm still up for a meet. We should get this thing set up soon so we can all make plans. For the record, I'll go with any plans the majority votes for. Lets try to get a good meet together for Aussie!

Project SVT- I don't know if one will be there(3L), but I sure would like to ride in one if it does show up.

Has any one sent a PM to Mosh yet? I only ask because Aussie recomended it.:shrug:

-Aaron

I'm out, car got totaled in a hit and run yesterday. I'll try to save it, but won't be driving it anytime soon.

Damn, that sucks, dude. :( I hope your insurance covers things and you can repair it -- or maybe get an SVT out of it.

Sooo, I guess a joint NW WA and NW OR meet is not gonna happen tomorrow. Anyone wanna meet in Portland for pizza or something?

I'm out, car got totaled in a hit and run yesterday. I'll try to save it, but won't be driving it anytime soon.

Hey Ish , if something does go down, you can ride with me if you wanted to still go... we can get a few pics of ur car and rep the RIP while we r there lol....

I vote... Wolf Lodge southern Wa... Hit the indoor water park.. havent been myself but hey weather plays not part in it...

http://www.greatwolflodge.com/locations/grandmound/waterparks/index.aspx

yea i probably won't attend because my roommate moved out so i'm moving crap out of my room in the spare room.

that and I never heard if a 3l was going to be there.

thanks for the sympathy weird, looks like I'm just going to put the car back together after the insurance has a look at it. btw, does anyone know anything about rebuilding the rear suspension on these cars?

Well this sunday i should have had you all come up to puyallup of wa to help me put in an alternator : ) ... sounds easy huh but i had never put one in on an svt and dont want to again! :mad:... It took 8 hours to do, on a car lift!... apparently Ford dealers drop the whole engine i guess to change it, but i just took the passenger side wheel off and the a bunch of other :censored::censored::censored::censored: just to get to it... it was absolutely not what i had in mid... but got to look around under her :rolleyes:... but how about next weekend since everyone seems to need more time in getting ready?:shrug:

I kid you not... i got my car and someone already changed the alt. .... needless to say i find it jimmied in... the two long bolts have like washers on there that are tighted on it :shocked:.... so ya.... ill need to fix that soon.... been fine for the yr ive had it though:shrug:....

Well fellas, when I did mine I checked over most all the posts about it and read several how too's that people had done. The first time the process took about four hours, but the other times I have done it the time has gone down considerably to about 2.5 hrs. If you did it the ford way then it is very difficult. I never did it their way. Please check my posting on it and maybe that will make it a bit easier for next time. Just knowing that the alt is actually clamped into the mount by the split bushings which the top and bottom long bolts go through takes much of the fight out of the process.

Regards,
AF

You should have let me know Im in Lakewood.....

Well its nice to know someones close :eek:... But will do in the future... but i must say having a car lift was the best thing in the world for doing this job... The problem i had was finding a good enough way to remove the alt without taking much stuff out, and finding a good angle to reach the bolts! .. but i looked at every possible way and through the passenger side wheel well seems to be the easiest and most efficient... So no Runs or meetings anytime soon?

Well its nice to know someones close :eek:... But will do in the future... but i must say having a car lift was the best thing in the world for doing this job... The problem i had was finding a good enough way to remove the alt without taking much stuff out, and finding a good angle to reach the bolts! .. but i looked at every possible way and through the passenger side wheel well seems to be the easiest and most efficient... So no Runs or meetings anytime soon?
A lift is good but you are missing the point, the easy way is to access the bolts through both wheel wells. You reach accross the back of the engine with extentions and get the top bolt easily. It would be good to check out what others have done.

AF

If only we had a few ppl in washington to do a meet....:shrug:

1. WiredMotorSports - William T. ~Tacoma WA~ 98 green lit Black CSVT
2. shotwell - Mike ~Oak Harbor WA
3. DDV - David ~Bothell, WA ~ 98 T-Red SVT w/spoiler & E0 wheels
4. Barge ~ Everett, WA
5. tropictour ~ Renton, WA
6. 95Mike~Puyallup, Wa
7. Beowulf ~ Covington, WA
8. Bugzuki ~ Paul ~ Monroe, WA ~ 98 Black CSVT 3L
9. Troy00690 ~ Troy ~ Lynden WA
10. AnastasiaRae87 ~ Anastasia ~ Kirkland, WA ~ **2000 SE Sport Silver**
11. Trademark ~ Andy ~ Renton, Wa ~ 98 T-Red SE
12. Lance Kinley ~ Poulsbo, WA ~ 95 SE
13. SilvarSVTC ~ Renton, WA
14. SamSVT18~ Puyallup, WA~ CSVT99
15. Red99CSVT~ Oak Harbor, Wa ~99CSVT w/ a few bolt on's
16. mikey~ Black 99 SVT ~ Point Roberts, WA
17. 94ex~ T-Red 99 SVT ~ Sammamish, WA(come summer time)
18. Svtweeter ~ Jared ~ Bothell, WA *For Sale*
19. 95SVT ~ Paul ~ was in Monroe, now in Ephrata, WA
20. Project SVT ~ Black 00 SVT - Yakima, WA
21. 96 GL Purple(ish) ~ Federal Way
22. Ssaleen ~ La Center, WA
23. sprindle - 99SE 2.5 - Puyallup
24. Sleepr - Rob ~ Redmond, WA ~ '95 2.5 Midnight Red
25. auiotour - Llane - Auburn, WA - 99 CSVT
26. WingBender ~ Kirkland, WA ~ 96 SE
27. svt1480 - 00' svt 3L - everett, WA SILVER FROST

i'd be down but i see only 2 3l on that list, and well I'd make a trip to somewhere to ride in one. but otherwise it wouldn't be worth it to me. Unless I was to get dash clock installed by somebody...lol then maybe worth it.

is it a lift at work or do you have one in your garage... if so ur my new best friend...lol

Well do you know the airfield on the South hill of Puyallup called Thun field?... we have an airplane hanger up there with a car lift in it : ) ... We don't have any planes so the whole hanger is just for cars :laugh:... So if you need a place to get her up i should be able to help ya out... but its my cousins really so would have to check with him about using it but hes pretty cool about it, if he isnt using it...
We have plenty of ppl in WA to do the meet... the question is where and when?... Seattle? Olympia?

1. WiredMotorSports - William T. ~Tacoma WA~ 98 green lit Black CSVT
2. shotwell - Mike ~Oak Harbor WA
3. DDV - David ~Bothell, WA ~ 98 T-Red SVT w/spoiler & E0 wheels
4. Barge ~ Everett, WA
5. tropictour ~ Renton, WA
6. 95Mike~Puyallup, Wa
7. Beowulf ~ Covington, WA
8. Bugzuki ~ Paul ~ Monroe, WA ~ 98 Black CSVT 3L
9. Troy00690 ~ Troy ~ Lynden WA
10. AnastasiaRae87 ~ Anastasia ~ Kirkland, WA ~ **2000 SE Sport Silver**
11. Trademark ~ Andy ~ Renton, Wa ~ 98 T-Red SE
12. Lance Kinley ~ Poulsbo, WA ~ 95 SE
13. SilvarSVTC ~ Renton, WA
14. SamSVT18~ Puyallup, WA~ CSVT99
15. Red99CSVT~ Oak Harbor, Wa ~99CSVT w/ a few bolt on's
16. mikey~ Black 99 SVT ~ Point Roberts, WA
17. 94ex~ T-Red 99 SVT ~ Sammamish, WA(come summer time)
18. Svtweeter ~ Jared ~ Bothell, WA *For Sale*
19. 95SVT ~ Paul ~ was in Monroe, now in Ephrata, WA
20. Project SVT ~ Black 00 SVT - Yakima, WA
21. 96 GL Purple(ish) ~ Federal Way
22. Ssaleen ~ La Center, WA
23. sprindle - 99SE 2.5 - Puyallup
24. Sleepr - Rob ~ Redmond, WA ~ '95 2.5 Midnight Red
25. auiotour - Llane - Auburn, WA - 99 CSVT
26. WingBender ~ Kirkland, WA ~ 96 SE
27. svt1480 - 00' svt 3L - everett, WA SILVER FROST

Back