• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It seemed like a good idea...

Hopefully I'll have it stripped by Wednesday. Then I'll back it into the garage and paint it in there...so the tape doesn't melt to the weather stripping again when I mask it off.

uhh... go to Pep boys if you have one... they have a kit for like 50 bucks. 2 guns.

i think harbor freight has some cheap ones as well.

I'll look into Harbor Freight. I'm going with flat black though. I'm not sure how much that costs per volume. I also don't want to wet sand it. Lol.

not a clue. but flat black would be nice. im thinkign that for the FZR. but the frame was powdercoated a gloss black. so idk how that would look.

Good news:

A putty knife takes off a great deal of the liner after scrubbing the stripper into it with a nylon brush. Then taking the orbital to it and it's like I never :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed it up.

Bad news:

I'm going to have to buy a lot more of the stripper. $35 a pop is kinda painful.

shame it didn't work out right. I have a friend out in York that has a Cherokee sprayed with Rhino Liner that looks sick as :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.

Back