• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is this anyones car?

I just bought a neon for my little sister, but my wife wanted it instead of her contour, so I am giving the 99 atx to my sister and my wife is gonna keep the neon. Paint is horrible on the Neon so my wife already decided on powder blue for the repaint on her neon. Should be able to get to that this summer, neons are easy to paint. LOL she hates pink.

cause the neon is smaller and easier to drive, plus there is slightly more room in the back seat believe it or not. You can fit 2 booster seats and a baby carseat in the back. She is not really interested in cars the way I am, she sees them as transportation and nothing else, and I can keep it running so yeah. I personally hate dodge, but what can you do. At least a neon is cheap and easy to fix.

its a 98 neon sport, she thinks its cute. She likes the way it looks like it is smiling from the front of the car. Plus she likes the bulge in the hood, she is not sure what it is for, but she likes having it there lol.

Honestly with all the electrical gremlins she is having in her zetec I am kinda happy that noone is driving it for a while so I can work on it.

but its a NOEN. :nonono:

i guess if she likes it. and youre right, they are cheap to fix.. if you can do it yourself. which it appears you can

yeah I replaced it. Thinking about putting a new timing belt on too, old one looks ok, but I really get nervous with these damn interference engines, I know it has a lot of miles on the belt that's in right now

meh, bought the car for 200 bucks, a head gasket, timing belt, paint job, plugs, wires, oil change, headlights(old ones suck) and tail lights(cause she found cuter ones her words not mine). Aside from the time I have to put in for that stuff, I still think I got a pretty good deal. I wont have more than 1200-1400 bucks into it even when I get around to painting.

Pretty sure the motor in the saturn is completely different, never seen a saturn with an engine that looks like this. GM owned saturn then I thought. Saturn motors are a pain in the ass to work on. They either run forever without a single problem or they will break down regularly. It always seems like there is no in between with them.

I kinda feel bad for hijacking this post.

yeah... GM owned saturn. idk.. thats what someone told me. i was like what ev..

but they do have a lot of common problems... idk

okay... back on topic... dont stripe a contour

what year camaro?
1985 shell, 97 TransAm interior, and 69 350 from an SS/RS Camaro. Best of the three worlds... which will be four next year. It's the one in my sig, which is also linked to my Cardomain page.

turbo:drool: hopefully next summer ill turbo my mazda. but idk. buy i really wouldnt change the looks of your SVT. i saw your car on the hightower howto when i first joined the site... and ive liked your car ever since. its really amazing what you did with it. most people wouldnt have botherd considering its just a contour and arent worth much at all... esp the way you found it.

Thanks. I had an 94 ATX SHO for the longest time and then I saw these and had to have one. I wanted to buy one when they first came out, but couldn't afford it on a grocery stock crews wages... engineer wages are much better ;)

That and I only had to pay $600 for it.

dont stripe a contour

I'll have to photo shop them on my car... maybe that'll change your mind.

Back