• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Introductions

Theres is some nice roads out around ongar that i regularly drive but i'm normally in a van:cry:

In that area be sure to call on The White Hart in Moreton (Best food that side of The Bell in Horndon on Hill), The Queens Head in Fyfield (awesome sandwich called a Huffer with a pint of Killkenny :drool: ). Farther out be sure to visit The Hoop in Stock for one of the best local beer festivals going IMHO :laugh: . For a really out there pub try the Old Dog in Herongate; mind your head, the beams are low.

Of course these reviews are 10 years old now. I hope things haven't changed too much.

Just introducing myself here.
I'm Stuart. I live in a small village near Cromer in the countryside of Norfolk County, in the UK.
Lovely place to live with some great roads.

I own a mk2 Mondeo which has had a little work.

I'm off now to put a link to pictures in my signature :laugh:

In that area be sure to call on The White Hart in Moreton (Best food that side of The Bell in Horndon on Hill), The Queens Head in Fyfield (awesome sandwich called a Huffer with a pint of Killkenny :drool: ). Farther out be sure to visit The Hoop in Stock for one of the best local beer festivals going IMHO :laugh: . For a really out there pub try the Old Dog in Herongate; mind your head, the beams are low.

Of course these reviews are 10 years old now. I hope things haven't changed too much.

Ah! the memories! beer googles at the ready!lol!

The Hoop in stock still does a fine array of Ales/Beers and an excellent BBQ in the summer.
Talking of low beams anybody heard of the Plough and Sail in Paglesham? run by relations of Jamie "feel the difference" Oliver!

the white hart and queens head are still there and are still suppose to be quite good i drive past them nearly every day but nevber havea chance to go in :(

Hello I'm Mintyfrom Wokingham in Berkshire in the Uk, been around here for the last 3 1/2 years or so. Had many happy dealings with Tour de Force over that time, only wish we could of got upto meet him when we were over a couple of years ago.

I dig the plate, Stuart! I love the UK's loose rules on them!

Sucks here, gotta take what they give you, and if it doesn't fit, then your car is technically out of regs. Example are both my SVT and Nissan have USA sized rear plate holes, but at the time I went to get plates, I had to take the plates that fit on a Land Rover. So they're a bit too tall!

The plate regs are fairly tight here also, and the "ford" sidebadge is technically not legal - it should be a UK or EU flag... but noone gets pulled over for that sort of very minor indescretion and I kept the "normal" plates just in case I get asked to change them!

The font is also governed by law and so is spacing and size of the reg number. Incidentally, the reg number is the one originally assigned to the car when new - its not personalised.

The small text under the number reads www.fordmondeoownersclub.co.uk.

hello kane and fellow brits i'm danny and live in hertfordshire uk and drive a supercharged zetec mk2 mondeo and a member of MEG

a few pics of my car..

minetrax1Small.jpg

mondyeaster071Small.jpg

coldairfeed001Small.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all been hear for a while but not posted it this bit. My name is Scott and I am from leicester and I drive a 97 v6. Also a member of MEG (Pic's are in the link in my sig)

I've recently joined you guys on this forum and am also a member of the FMOC in the UK. My name is Tony, i'm from Northern Ireland + drive a '96 Mk 1 Estate 2.0l AWD. I have many ideas on how to modify my Mondeo to be a little diferent and am looking for ideas and suggestions (clean ones) from you guys too.

Hey, been here a while, but not been on for a while, just came back from Deployment with the Military

Matt from Newcastle (altho originally from the Peterboro/Kings Lynn area) in the Air Force and Drive a ST200 (god i missed her on deployment!!!)

Good to see this section was finally added!!!

Back