• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior Lighting

thatguy

CEG'er
My interior lights or courtesy lights do not work. Well my map lights work when they are turned on but when i open the doors the lights do not turn on. I switch the center switch between off, on and the 12 second delay and it doesnt do anything. I pulled the relay which is r12 and pulling the relay didnt affect anything. What could be the solution to this problem? Im stumpped because I dont think it could be the switch as the floor lights do not come on as well. Unless its all connected. Anyway could someone please guide me in the right direction.
Thanks

Check the door jam for a little black plastic plunger.

This part triggers the interior lights to come on, but it tends to stick with age.

my issue was burnt out courtesy light and a bad three position switch on the dome light. also the switch in the door jamb on the passenger side sticks.

It still makes that annoying dinging sound when the key is in the ignition and the door(s) are open. So i am wondering if it could be a bad switch

chances are you'll have to get a complete light from a junkyard. that's what i did.

Back