• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interior "Deodorizer"

kmpalerm

Be Gentle I'm New Here
My car doesn't smell bad by any means, but I am always wondering how to keep a nice fresh scent inside. I am not big on air fresheners that you hang from your mirror, vents, etc. because of their look and most of them smell awful...

Anyone try febreeze or like products? I don't want my inside to be overwhelming with the smell, just something that is modest but "fresh" I suppose.

Anyone try febreeze or like products? I don't want my inside to be overwhelming with the smell, just something that is modest but "fresh" I suppose.

I've used Febreeze when I first got my car, and it's best to use it very heavily and then let the car sit over a weekend un-driven. Snif. It has a scent, despite what they tell you. But it's better than funk-smell for sure. I use a gel air freshener that I set on the back deck so the sun evaporates it and keeps the car smelling fresh.

Yeah, I'll give the Febreeze a try the next time I have a few days where I don't need to drive; sounds like it is a good way to avoid the strong smell that I don't want.

Thanks!

Back