• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interesting findings

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I discovered a welded spot with two large pits on it. And I found my silcone 90 degree hose lose i could find out why my boost would not hold up. I noticed it got worse where I could only get 10 psi then I knew I had a problem I found it the d@mn hose was loose going to the Throttle body. I am curious now how long this been going on I will test it tomorrow if it holds 15 psi across the board watch out we may get another run to pick up some lost air. Wish I could have seen that before the dyno.

I take it as the coupler is after the turbo?

You said you were running 17psi peak during the run, correct? it may have come loose as a result of the runs. What style clamps are you using?

Robert

I will be joinging you with findings...I have been using the wrong bolt retainers in the upper manifold...not sure I have been getting the best seal.

I think my plug wires are also out...new nes to arrive today and...yes there is a small crack on the inlet of the IC. not sure if it is causing anything, but I'll need to go get that welded.

We'll see...it'll be a while before I can get everything done.

well I am using just regular SS hose clamps I need to order the wider ones and really wrench down on them. See The guy told me on the dyno he saw it hit 18 psi once but it ping at low rpms because we haven't pulled enough timing then. It was terribly looselast night it slid so far off that the clamp was off the edge of the intercooler. But since the the hose was still relaxed on the pipe the car an fine on lower boost. But after I hammered it last night I saw it creeping down to 10 psi. I will do some full runs tonite to redline and if the car does not drop pressure or power then I may have a little more air left we will see.

You need to see about getting some t-bolt clamps. those have nuts that wont back off and you can really tighten them. Just becareful not to over tighten them and collapse the pipe. Where is ur boost gauge hooked up? If your seeing it spike to 18 and fall back a little, thats not totally uncommon. it sounds like it fell off due to the runs. So definately see about some better clamps.

Also...if your intercooler inlet and outlets don't have a lip...you can band /flare out the ends a little....I did that on mine before I kept blowing the hoses off.

Gotta use tbolt clamps.

Also I made up a pressure test fitting out of PVC. Get a PVC end cap that fits in the silicone couple that the maf hooks up to and put an air fitting in the end. Clamp in place.. plug in air hose and you'll find your leaks.

Just be careful with how much pressure you use. Start low.

Well I found a small crack in the intercooler...fixed.
upper manifold leaks....fixed
bad plug wires....fixed
plugs fouled....fixed
and blew off a hose after the turbo.... fixed

If I had it to do over again...I would maybe do nitrous. However, it's cool to say I did all this myself.

Welcome to about a month ago its gone! Plus even if i still had it my bike would destroy your lame contour in the rain snow whatever you want!

:) so your def the LAME!

Welcome to today! Yes, just another day where I don't keep up with your lame excuse for a life. Good job on selling the bike. I bet you made like $10,000 profit! Now you can still be broke. Good job. Stay banned next time, thanks.

Mark

$1000 on the bike thanks. And how am i broke? intersting what are you my personal accountant?

and also my lame excuse for a life? HAHA what do you do? thanks let me know when you do anything worth a damn

Last edited:
Back