• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

**Interest Check**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i went to a local car show a few days ago.. and i looked at this new scion Tc that was turboed bla bla bla well i looked closer and saw somthing ive never seen befor..

Well it is a clear Radiator hose that u can see the coolant, and how clean it is and its actually a pretty neat idea.. but the owner of the TC gave me the website, and if it got enough interest i was going to email the owner and see if they would make some for our cars..

Its Killerglass.com check it out

I like the idea but some cars have coolant hoses that are very visible in the engine bay. On the V6's at least, there really aren't any coolant hoses that are very visible when looking into the engine bay.

Maybe just the short/big one that goes from the top drivers-side to the thermostat housing.

hrm... just checked their website. The hoses don't have to come with lights in them, do they?

killglass.com said:
We take Credit Cards or PayPal. All upper radiator hoses are $199 msrp. Each kit includes, hose, LED, Custom Clamps, Wire harness, instructions. Custom hoses are available any size. Extra LED kits are $30 each. LED's come in Red, Blue or Green

That's a lot of $$! Looks like it also comes with the LEDs :(. I was thinking the hose was transparent silicone... not glass.

Nah they dont have to be leds in them.. and u can get them ingraved with whatever u want and so forth..

And 100 bucks really isnt that much cash.

Nah they dont have to be leds in them.. and u can get them ingraved with whatever u want and so forth..

And 100 bucks really isnt that much cash.
um... $200 isn't much cash for a short section of glass tubing that does nothing more than add bling? I am no longer interested... so no more comments from me. I just had to correct your stated price.

um... $200 isn't much cash for a short section of glass tubing that does nothing more than add bling? I am no longer interested... so no more comments from me. I just had to correct your stated price.
If you look at he entire site there are various prices and combinations of what you can have done. with a gb also I would assume a better price could be had. If your interested then say so if not then dont say so. we are looking at a product here not a price etc.... if there is enough interest he will contact them and see what kind of deal can be worked out.

If you look at he entire site there are various prices and combinations of what you can have done. with a gb also I would assume a better price could be had. If your interested then say so if not then dont say so. we are looking at a product here not a price etc.... if there is enough interest he will contact them and see what kind of deal can be worked out.

I would not replace my perfectly good rubber hoses with GLASS? no thanks

did you read this post???:troutslap:

i would be very concerned about glass coolant tubing. doesn't glass kinda....ya know....do that thing....what's it called?.......oh yeah, shatter? lol. really though, tell me something to put my fears to rest and convince me to buy!

i would be very concerned about glass coolant tubing. doesn't glass kinda....ya know....do that thing....what's it called?.......oh yeah, shatter? lol. really though, tell me something to put my fears to rest and convince me to buy!
http://killerglass.com/content/view/15/25/
You can hammer nails into wood with a piece and run it over and park an F250 on top of it so I assume it is pretty strong:shrug:

what it really boils down to...does it add any horsepower and torque?:p:p:p:eek:

hehe j/k

looks good but there isn't a good enough reason for me to buy it ... good luck thow...:)

"can i zoom in....where is the zoom....how do I zoom....oh man it's out of focus" Is this the guy that makes them....sign me up :laugh:

ZING!

ok, so you can nail things with it and drive over it, but how does it do with 200 degree coolant flowing through it? heat it up to 200 degrees and try those same tests, probably won't get the same results.

Well, if the companies still in business and people are buying the hoses, the apparently they have figured something out. I'd see if they got e-bay or something and check their customer satisfaction ratings.

200 degree coolant wont do anything to glass. how hot do you thing it gets when its made. its alot hotter than 200 degrees.

Made of high tech clear Pyrex glass and mounted using sections of your existing hose on each end for flexibility with custom clamps.(from killerglass.com)

Pyrex was originally borosilicate glass. (From Wikipedia)

Borosilicate glass begins to soften around 821 °C (1510 °F)(From Wikipedia)

mounted using sections of your existing hose on each end for flexibility with custom clamps.
ok, that's what i was worried about. i thought the glass was supposed to be pressed against the metal of the engine, or using metal to support it. that would have been a hazard. but, since it sounds like the only thing touching and supporting it is rubber, i suppose it probably would work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back