• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest Check: Bumpers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would absolutely be down for a Duraflex molded SVT bumper with Mirko or some sort of lip or the Corba R style with lip. I switch bumpers as it is (molded mirko for summer, stock for winter). It takes no time at all to swap bumpers.

So yea much rather have this than just the duraflex mirko made

i need front and rear bumbers. both of mine are repaired OEM, but they never looked quite right to me. i would be interested in new OEM style or custom.

^:nonono:^

Im not most people :)

But remember Steve is offering us a NEW Duraflex bumper for the price your asking.

I dont think I would spend over 200 for a used svt bumper.... I found one on CL for $80 bucks the other day. Didnt buy it tho. and when my cars bumper got messed up a couple years back I bought mine for 200 bucks...

- amyn

that bumper is still for sale BTW. it looks to be in pretty good shape too.

Ugh... no responses at all for 13 days. This was looking so promising too... hopefully it's just because of the his other GB that's going on right now for the subframe connectors.

I agree a DF bumper/mirko combo would be cool, but has anyone actually proven that DF is tougher than an OEM bumper. I have a hard time believing that Duraflex is stronger or more durable than ABS. This is just speculation though. :shrug:

Ugh... no responses at all for 13 days. This was looking so promising too... hopefully it's just because of the his other GB that's going on right now for the subframe connectors.

It had better be. Over 2 weeks now with no updates or anything. Not sure about you guys but IMO, if someone has all these deposits they have an obligation to give us weekly updates. I'm going to give it a little more time obviously but this isn't cool...

see this is the problem with these types of things. like with the carbon fiber trunk debacle and the hoods too. some want this, some want that, some want neither.

and now, my bumper and splitter have arrived in the chinaland and they are ready to start things. so we need to decide NOW. theyre already bugging me for the check to get started on this.

someone mentioned about the holes in the bumper with just a mirko. that wont be an issue with the new mirko because we decided to have it wrap around and mount on the rear now. no more holes in the bumper.

as for it being the same as stock with the same mounting tabs etc... im sure that's no problem. id just tell them that we want all that.

as far as it being stronger than stock? dont think so. just a little more flexy which is great for the bottom portion, irrelevant at the top. in fact, its probably not stronger than the abs. the abs bumper, you can back into something and gouge your bumper. with a DF bumper, its part fiberglass, so you'd likely crack it or punch a hole in it. so that's something to consider. though i dont know often people plan on banging their bumpers into stuff..

i like the idea mentioned of people being able to swap out their bumpers for winter/summer. thats a good idea. but of course, you can just unhook the mirko splitter as well. and it wont leave holes in the bumper this time around (if you dont have them already).

another problem is its forcing people who dont want a new bumper to cough up an extra $100 or so for this. the cost of their splitter just went from $X to $XX. and dont forget, shipping will likely be higher as well since the size of the box would be going from x to X.

i really, honestly feel that we should stick with the plan we already had but ive already accepted 6 deposits from people and some of them might not want this and want to bail out on this GB which could cause the whole thing to collapse.

i can have them leave the stock bumper there for reference and we can looking into doing some custom bumpers in the future. be it audi or cobra R style. and possibly make them work with the mirko that they'll also have on hand.

Man this sucks lol. Out of the two I would ideally want the new custom DF bumper with lip or all 1 piece DF SVT bumper with Mirko

But...if the only option right now is to get the DF Mirko do I force myself to get it bc the GB for custom DF full bumper might not happen??

Cmon ppl just get the full bumper. It will look so much better all one piece. Trust me I know...I have a molded Mirko now

post up some pics, and quickly lol.

its pretty much one or the other. the market for the csvt parts just isnt there to justify having molds made for every type of design under the sun. we'd like to make a mold, and sell 50 copies of the product (if we're lucky!). not make a mold and sell 15 of each. im already losing money on the splitter deal, which ill hopefully recoup down the line. i cant do this a whole bunch of times :crazy:

post up some pics, and quickly lol.

one piece bumper! See how sexy! :)

IMG_1586.jpg

Dammit stop posting that car, its giving my silfro an anxiety disorder! Hey once I get my mirko and my vader and my eyebrows AND my Focii rims AND the mesh I should be good to go lol.

That molded Mirko is pure sex though.

You all know my vote... ONE piece bumper with splitter!!

DONE.

Lets get more people signed up for this. Come on we are talking brand new bumper complete with splitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back