• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Interest check: Build number plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolly8286

Hard-core CEG'er
well i talked to a local shop about this idea of putting our build numbers on a plate and he asked how big they would need to be. I also wanted to know where everyone would want to have it mounted that way i could get a measurement up.

If we do go with this:
A) just the build number
B) Build number along with number made
C) option B with year

remember this is just an interest check. I haven't worked out a price with them yet. but i will let everyone know as soon as there is enough interest.
and any ideas let me know.

Last edited:
i'd like one that replaces the uim plate. same dimensions and all,but w/my build number,and perhaps the president at the times signature and the svt emblem next to it:laugh: might be asking too much..but it looks cool as hell in my mind:cool:

Where to mount them:
A) UIM
B) header panel
C) firewall
D) ?????? any more ideas.

I gotta get the designs to him and he'll let me know the price.

He also said that he could either engrave the numbers or do a full cut out. I'll see if he can get a prototype made for me. I personally want one for the header panel. I might even see if he get make those chrome accents you see on the european cars(but they won't be chrome). this is the first time. I want to see how it goes.

I'd be interested as long as they don't end up smearing like some I have seen. I will take a pic of what I am talking about soon and post it up.

if i was to buy one, i want one that goes inside above the cupholders on that flat part about the cig lighter...

there was a gb on the old fourms for the plaque that went on the console ,looked very good.

edit; found the old link and thread by gto pete.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...umber=628014&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1
buildplate.jpg

Last edited:
I like the look of those. Here's a comaprable one from Roush that I had on the Bondurant car and would be in if it looked similar

standard.jpg

alright well that looks good to me too, i'll get some prototypes done for my car and you can all decide which one you want to go with.

well i gave him my build number and everything today. He said that it'll be a couple days. I'm getting two made, one for the UIM and the one like the bondurant. I'll post pics as soon as i get them back. Btw, i'm having it engraved. will let you know.

Just some FYI for you guys looking into this. I contacted the guy that made the last plaques in that GB that was referenced above a long time ago and he had no problem making me a couple of them back then. I purchased a few of them and they look fantastic. So if anything else you can contact that guy again to see if he would do another GB. I'm also sure he would be willing to do a new design as well.

If your interested shoot me a PM and I can give you his contact info.

still waiting, i called today and they said the guy that cuts everything has been out for a family emergency. but they also told me that they have everything set up. still setting up on a price. and he said if I can get a mock up of the accents for the headlights, he'll start making those. but sorry to everyone for the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back