• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

interchangable

mirdita pos

CEG'er
what sup fellow cegers
i was wondering if there was a list of parts taht were interchangeable between the contour and the mystic and the couger. i searched but came up short.
can some one point me in the right direction?

anything
like i saw a strut bar on here but the "will it fit" question was for a svt
and i was wondering whats compatiable? as
of right now im just wondering about the strut bar

ok
for example aside from the strut bar
would things like the new couger bumpers would they fit my contour with some molding?

you'd have to do some serious fab work because of the differences in the fascia between the contour and cougar but anything is possible with patience and persistance.

ok
i see you know as i awaited a reply i started thinking that maybe we could stickie this and not lock the thread so every time we attempt a new frankstien let it be a pass or a fail we add it here so we know what will fit easily or with some work. Do you guys know what im mean?

yea thats true where it would go is something to look for
but i think that it would be something good.
you know what we should clone this thread in the suspention performance and so on and so forth so it would be separted so there is less confusion and less info to look at. you know?

I remember reading that they prefer that you don't do that, but I just messaged GTO pete one of the moderators and I would imagine he's probably gonna be around soon to give us the lowdown.

yea that would be a great thing because i tried to use the old forums but
there is shyt all over the place. its confusing you know?

I'm pickin' up what your layin' down, the old forums can be a maze I just tried to go through it to find something and it bounces around a lot.

I will suggest that the more organized your table (or layout) is, the more likely it will be useful to others (and stickied). Maybe a spreadsheet type layout of whatnot. Just my .02, but your idea is a good one. :cool:

Anything that will aide users in searching, learning, or locating information will be considered. As suggested above, the more organized (by location, exterior, interior, and possibly part number) the more likely.

Also, please do NOT cross post this. If the interest is there, and the effort is made to make is readable and useable, then it will be placed where it needs to be, with a LINK in each applicable forums how-to thread.

Would an access database suffice. I can build one like no other. the only problem would be other people couldn't access it from my computer I'd have to give it to a moderator to have them save it to the forum some how. I could build it up and have one of them approve it and then give the go for data entries. tell me what yall think.

you'd have to do some serious fab work because of the differences in the fascia between the contour and cougar but anything is possible with patience and persistance.

Im sure i could take my 98 svt... and get 2 fenders, a bumper and hood, and headlights,foam pad under the bumper and get it fit right.. it would look pretty gay but im sure it could be done. lol

Im sure i could take my 98 svt... and get 2 fenders, a bumper and hood, and headlights,foam pad under the bumper and get it fit right.. it would look pretty gay but im sure it could be done. lol

I don't know if it would or not. If you could get the body lines to match up and flow right it may look desent but I guess nobody will know until somebody pulls it off and does quality work.

Back