• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

intake only sound clips???

CONTOURCODY

CEG'er
I'm interested in hearing what just an open element style filter sounds like on these cars.

My brother has a ZX2 with just a short ram intake on it and his car sounds damn good. No sound spike or rasp like most exhaust mods produce.

Every sound clip of Contours that I've heard have been with exhaust mods.

Anybody have sound clips of just the intake mod.

It's hard to get just intake sound recorded cuz the engine noise drowns out the intake sound on most cameras. Someone might have something though. :shrug:

i might be able to put one up of my car later today, i have a short ram and its LOUD!!! the coolest thing is the filter whistles for some reason its so weird but in the 2500-4000 rpms range it sounds turbo'd!

i might be able to put one up of my car later today, i have a short ram and its LOUD!!! the coolest thing is the filter whistles for some reason its so weird but in the 2500-4000 rpms range it sounds turbo'd!

its because the TB plate is only open part way and the air rushing passed it makes noise.

That would be great. I'd really appreciate an clip with both idle and revving sound.

Like I said, my brother just has a short ram intake on his ZX2, so I have a general idea of what to expect from these V6 cars. But before I actually buy an intake I'd like to have a better understanding of what my car would sound like.

Hey JEFFtourCT, thanks for the f***in' intake clip!

That actually was helpful to me. Now I most likely will add a short ram intake to my Mystique within a month.

ok right now i have just a K&N cone filter, with my MAF painted red for max hp... anyways, is it worth it to get a Pud heatsheild and or a BAT cold air pipe? do they really do anything?

hit or miss..

putting in the bat pipe gets rid of that crazy stock intake tube, making it more easy to flow i would guess..

the heat shield thing again, is all user opinion.. its been winter here all the way into spring, so i really could say much at this time.

Depends on how anal you are about your car. for me, the heatshield is worth it, keeps intake temps down a little.

as for the intake tube, yes it's worth it. bigger smoother intake, will make it sounda little deeper as metal resonates better than plastic. and i beleive my sp motorsports is jet-hot coated, so it help keeps hot engine from tainting my intake air! :laugh:

i was actually talking about the pipe after the filter that looks like it goes into the fender is that worth it?

and does the sound really change by getting rid of the stock intake tube?

Back