• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Insurance increase?

1FASTDAD

Hard-core CEG'er
If anyone notices an increase in there insurance in Ontario. You can thank Aaron for it. As of last year 13 contours crashed in ontario. That is the magic number for a slight increase of insurance premiums. So lets all say it...THANKS AARON YA *******!!!!!! :p :)

Wesley

Bahahaha, funny enough, my insurance went down this year. :p Go buy a Honda Aaron! (And I don't mean an NSX\ or S2000)

Last edited:
SUNNOFA!!!!

I just got my renewal thing, though I am not sure if it went up or not. don't think it did, though IF it HAS, ill be forwarding the bill!!:laugh:

Seriously though, Ontario is Contour' country and to make it worse they are so bloody cheap now ... so I'll leave it at that. hahah

I don't know about that, well at least for the CSVT's. There are three on Trader right now and although one is in fact overpriced I applaud the fact that people are starting to ask for better money for these increasingly rare cars. Enough people run them in to the ground or kids wrap them around trees without much thought and that spells good things for good owners in the future. I baby my car, maintain it like a Breitling. This spring it'll get a clutch even though the old one isn't quite spent, a quaife, brake job, cooling system flush, a $500 complete exterior detail, complete stainless exhaust with all MSDS up front.

I don't expect to ever recoup the costs of maintenance or subtle performance enhancements, I plan to keep the car forever. I really should start having it appraised every other year and share that information with my ins. co.

I'm paying $117 a month currently and I still think that is somewhat unfair considering I put 10K or less a year on my car, it's a pleasure vehicle. And God knows if I went to battle with the insurance co. if something happened they'd be dips. The book value is ridiculous on our cars. When I bought mine three years ago the one broker I spoke to about a quote replied "You paid how much?"... "But the book value is almost half of that". EEEEKKK!!!!! But I got a pristine, unmolested CSVT with 113K for a good market price at the time.

So who cares, those people who realize the increasing rarity of their car should enjoy that a bit and treat their cars with a fraction more respect. I know many of you do here but there are many that are just beaten upon and laid to rest. Truly a shame.

Jason, The insruance company is good for giving the value of these cars. Well at least mine was. I gave them all the specs and they came back with an awesome offer. The first words out of the adjusters mouth were "you were right these cars are really hard to find". You should come out to a meet if we have one this spring :).

Aaron

Well go figure, I just signed a lease to move on May 1st, so I call my insurance company to update my policy effective may 1st, my insurance rate went up, and to make this even better, I'm moving from west Toronto to east Mississauga... Granted it only went up by about $10/mnth and to add to that, I go from an apartment to a full house and my renters insurance goes down. Under writers smoke pink rocks... THANKS AARON!

Yea?

Yea?

I don't know about that, well at least for the CSVT's. There are three on Trader right now and although one is in fact overpriced I applaud the fact that people are starting to ask for better money for these increasingly rare cars.

Yea, lol. What's that guy thinking?? $15,750?? I'm planning on selling mine soon... maybe I'll list it for that much!! hehe.

just insured my car after 4month not insured cause i was in singapore for the last 4 month, and they surprisely went down, and next april im turning 25 and im gonna have a 200$ discount for my full coverage

Back