• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Instrument Panel with Tach?

Johncc

New CEG'er
I bought a cheap Contour (1996, zetec, $375), and its a standard transmission but has no tach. That's very annoying to me :) My 1996 Mystique has an auto trans and has a tach :(

If I found a junkyard contour with a tach (assuming they made such a thing), would it be work to just swap it out?

Thanks,
John

you could always just swap clusters between the mystique and contour. its not like you need a tach in the ATX anyways.

if you dont want to do that, 96-97 and some late 95s will work. just make sure its from a Zetec. you can make a V6 one work but its more work than just swapping out the cluster.

you could always just swap clusters between the mystique and contour. its not like you need a tach in the ATX anyways.

if you dont want to do that, 96-97 and some late 95s will work. just make sure its from a Zetec. you can make a V6 one work but its more work than just swapping out the cluster.

Amen. Switch your clusters! Just one thing, though. Swap the speedos as well so you can keep the mileage correct! Just use two spoons to pry up on the needle so you can swap the faces (the non-tach cluster speedo face is much bigger and doesn't fit in the tach cluster).

or if you find a cluster with less miles then your car you can roll it forward to match what is on your car ... I did that with the SVT guages in my Se ...

Back