• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

individual tb's

bensenvill

Hard-core CEG'er
When I was first thinking about my 3L swap, I was thinking about taking the secondaries from a 2.5 and milling down the shaft in the primary port and putting a butterfly valve in there and running throttle linkage to the secondary linkage and having essentially two throttle bodies per cylinder. You would have to convert to a MAP sensor and such, but in the end I calculated it out where your engine would need to run in the 9,000-10,000 RPM range for the ITBs to be effective. So I am almost positive it can't be done EFFECTIVELY.

When I was first thinking about my 3L swap, I was thinking about taking the secondaries from a 2.5 and milling down the shaft in the primary port and putting a butterfly valve in there and running throttle linkage to the secondary linkage and having essentially two throttle bodies per cylinder. You would have to convert to a MAP sensor and such, but in the end I calculated it out where your engine would need to run in the 9,000-10,000 RPM range for the ITBs to be effective. So I am almost positive it can't be done EFFECTIVELY.
Funny I actually was looking at it and thinking the same when I cleaned the intakes and had to mess with the IMRC cable.
FWIW, you would want to add velocity stacks above the LIM to tune for RPM range.
Would be an interesting project for something like a wild track car.
-J

Seeing how long those stacks are, I really don't think you could fit anything near that length under the hood. That is why I could only calculated for like two inch stacks. They are a good idea in theory and on a dedicated race car like that, but they just don't really seem practical on a Contour, even if it is a track car. That is just my .02

Seeing how long those stacks are, I really don't think you could fit anything near that length under the hood. That is why I could only calculated for like two inch stacks. They are a good idea in theory and on a dedicated race car like that, but they just don't really seem practical on a Contour, even if it is a track car. That is just my .02

I would gladly chop my hood to have those bad boys sticking out.
I do have a very purpose built car and a set of kinetics cams that could actually benefit from ITBs (with that said, any minor potential gains are pretty much negated by the sheer cost)
I have been very interested in the mega squirt or similar standalone engine management and will probably be investing a fair amount of time over the next year seeing if I can get that working.
At that point, I'd genuinely like to look into converting to ITBs.

CRG, big thanks for that link! I'll probably be contacting them just to understand feasibility from a price standpoint.

plenty! but heres a teaser of the completed interior... (yes that is perfectly functional wiring for the car being street legal)

[/URL]

like I said, its a very purpose built car, I'll be starting a separate thread soon enough to highlight some of the build aspects because I know I've been pretty quite on this board and there has been very extensive work I've done to the car and alot more in the pipe-lines of projects you've never seen... but I am very interested in learning whats involved in ITBs, any expanded insight you have is greatly appreciated.

Back