• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

In your face winter.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Next time, winter can blow it out it's ass. I'm prepared now and don't think the Fusion will get beat up anymore.

1990 5.0 4x4
CAM00560.jpg

Nice. I've always wanted an early-90's F150, always thought they were the best looking. I ended up settling on a '99.

I was open to style up to 1996. After that I didn't care much for the cab wrapping over the box. Besides, it's going to get a flat bed and the straight back is easier to fabricate around. :laugh:

I was open to style up to 1996. After that I didn't care much for the cab wrapping over the box. Besides, it's going to get a flat bed and the straight back is easier to fabricate around. :laugh:
True, I remember hating the styling of my truck when it was introduced in '97, but it eventually grew on me. I wish I could find an older one, but its getting increasingly tougher to find any that aren't either rotted to hell or have half a million miles on them. On the plus side, at least the newer ones have cup holders lol...

I didn't notice the lack of cup holders till about 6 this morning when I bought my coffee. It also took me a few minutes to figure out my high beams were turned on with the clicker on the floor.

This has 143k miles on it, and has a few spots that need a patch welded in...so it's not too bad. Not to mention the frame is damn near rust free.

I had a 91 red f150. for 6 years. I would of kept that thing forever if it was 4 wheel drive!!! I loved driving that, I sold it to my step dad when it had about 120k miles. (in 2011) he still drives it to work when its to cold for his motorcycle.

I didn't notice the lack of cup holders till about 6 this morning when I bought my coffee. It also took me a few minutes to figure out my high beams were turned on with the clicker on the floor.

This has 143k miles on it, and has a few spots that need a patch welded in...so it's not too bad. Not to mention the frame is damn near rust free.
Wow, I'm surprised a 1990 still has the high beam button on the floor, I thought those were phased out in the 80's.
Glad to hear the frame is good, that seems to be growing problem area anymore. A friend of mine is scrapping his 2000 Silverado 2500 at the end of the year because of frame rust.

I had a 91 red f150. for 6 years. I would of kept that thing forever if it was 4 wheel drive!!! I loved driving that, I sold it to my step dad when it had about 120k miles. (in 2011) he still drives it to work when its to cold for his motorcycle.
I would have kept it and bought another truck that was 4x4...:laugh:

I did get a 4x4 2000 ford f150, and I strongly thought of keeping old red around, and even now I think how cool it would to have her back. but there isn't anything my 91 could do that my newer pickup cant do. besides not worry about it getting dirty. for my 2000 f150 I put only about 3,000 miles a year on it otherwise it just sits in the garage I drive my work vehicle or contour the most, even my T-bird (2,000 miles last year) just sits for the most part! between my gf and I we have 5 vehicles. 6-counting my work vehicle. it would of just been another vehicle to insure, license and maintain for not a lot of road time.

I had a 91 with a 300 inline 6 2wd and 5 speed manual for my first vehicle. Sweet trucks for beating on. I had side pipes on it for a few years. Now I have an 03 4.2L 5 speed still 2wd :)

I spoke a bit soon. After some snooping, I found it needs patch panels welded into the lower door support on both sides. As well as floor work on the door areas on both sides.

I spoke a bit soon. After some snooping, I found it needs patch panels welded into the lower door support on both sides. As well as floor work on the door areas on both sides.

Are you going to be fabricating them or buying patch pieces to weld in? I nee cab corners and rockers for my truck, and I'm not sure where would be a good place to get them...

I'll probably buy the pillar panels, but I work in a metal/machine shop, so I'll probably just revise Fords design and get rid of the dirt/water trap along the door opening.

The problem with patch panels, I've noticed the cheaper they get in price the thinner the metal gets.

Back