• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IMRC tab for pin

GreaseyMonkey

CEG'er
i'll have to get a picture of it tomorrow, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem:

the tiny yellow tab that inserts with the pin to the lever that controls the secondaries opening (the pin connects to a spring, the spring to the IMRC cable), has broken off, and will not stay in place once the car moves. i've been to the junk yard and tried pulling one off several duratecs in the yards, but they break pretty consistently and i've not seen a way to get them.
my question is this: has anyone else had this problem? and what did you do to fix?
the thing i'm pretty close to doing is getting some steel epoxy and putting a bead of it on the end of the pin so that it can't retract back through the hole. it will be permanent, but i don't think that will be a problem.

Maybe its just to early ... but really??

There are sources for new IMRC linkage clips. Rockauto has them, made by Dorman. Get the container of door clips from Help! .... part numbers have been posted before...

What you want is the Dorman vacuum retaining clip pack, I posted the part # not too long ago, has more in it and they are closer to the actual part (identical actually) for less than the door lock clip assortment, Advance has them on the spinning racks with all their emissions stuff, right by their oil pan drain plugs.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?76415-IMRC-rod-bushings&daysprune=-1

Part number as per the post is 47099, pack of them (4 or 5) is about $5, versus the door lock clips that only have 1 that can be used in the pack IIRC for about $10.

Be very careful and try to be "precise" when installing the new retaining clips. They are very, very small and are easily broken upon trying to install them. They can just as easily be lost in the abyss what is the Contour engine compartment. Good luck

Back